Feedback on my store please

JanB
2 0 1

Hi All,

I have recently transitioned from godaddy and my website was pretty similar doing great in terms of sales but since transitioning it’s become extremely slow. I have tried improving sales with fb ads and google ads and no success. We sell natural dog treats across the UK. 

Www.jandsnaturaldogtreats.com

Would be great if I could get some feedback on my store, my aim is for a simple site. 

Im aware I’m missing contact us and about us which I’m working on and only have shop for navigation atm.

look forward to your feedback! 

0 Likes
DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
371 51 67

Hello @JanB !

I have visited your store and there a few things that can be done to improve your store design and adding a few more sections that will boost consumer confidence.

- Create a Main menu. There is only one option showing the shop.

- Create Home/About Us product categories etc. to make it look trustworthy.

- Add Facebook messenger to your store so visitors can directly message you and get details about your products.

- Shipping policy

- Refund and Returns

- Privacy Policy

- Image of products are fine but can be improved.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
0 Likes

Hi, @JanB

Welcome to Shopify! This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. In general, your store has good images and layout, it might need some little changes to be optimized. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. Before that, these are Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices: 12 Chapter Checklist for you to get more information on how to increase the conversion rate for your store. 

1. Homepage: 

• Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add... 

PageFly_0-1621183654097.png

• Add the sticky menu 

A sticky menu helps your visitors easily access the collections, blog, or contact page with the search function and add to the cart as well.

• Add more site on the navigation

You can consider adding more links on the navigation like your collection page, feature product, blog page, or the contact page to link people directly to that page. 

• Make the search button clearer

The search function is really important for visitors to find what they want without interrupting their flow in your store. You can make it as a search box instead of just a button like this now.

PageFly_1-1621184096247.png

• Add CTA button in the hero banner

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store. You can make the heading on the banner on the hero a clickable button.

• Put space between each section 

PageFly_3-1621184279931.png

You are putting great pictures but it might hard to see when there is no space between them. I recommend you to put a space between each section so it will make a store a better layout and easy to see. 

• Adjust the introduction part

PageFly_4-1621184402836.png

This is an important part where you can show your good points to start building trust at the 1st sight. Visitors will only scan through your page real quick so make sure they can notice the main points. The text color is kind of blending into the image and quite long. I recommend you to put it shorter and keep the main points standing out, adjust the text font and color. You can consider putting the CTA button here which can link to your collection or product page as well. 

• Add the purchase and return policy

PageFly_5-1621184757226.png

Customers get hesitant to shop online because they are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it. Return and exchange policy should be findable on the product page.

The actual return policy, in particular, the duration and the payment of return shipping, is highly impactful to site conversions. However, you should take extra care to make your policy easy-to-read and clear for customers.

• Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can use a slideshow to show testimonials, let consult my Casen template

PageFly_6-1621184856718.png

2. Product page

• Using the loading more function instead of pagination

This can reduce visitor's time when they don't have to redirect to another site but can stay on the same page. 

• Add the star reviews, CTA buttons under each product
  • Add the product description 
  • Add the Reviews for each product
  • Add more images of the products

3. Check the page speed

PageFly_7-1621185299723.png

Lastly, I checked your store speed and it showed to be very slow, especially on mobile. As nowadays, people are mainly making purchases via phones, you should try to optimize the speed instantly and remove the redundant codes.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

PageFly.

P.s: This May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommence 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive". In this event these real experts will guide you from A to Z how to build successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce! This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat's on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game. Sign up now cause we only take the first 500 registers! SIGN UP HERE.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3415 193 618

Hello @JanBThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages. You can give it the title 'You May Also Like'. For this, you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations. 

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. Also, change the banner image and add a high-quality & attractive banner image.

AiTrillion_0-1621248167982.png

Add these tools to your store to make your store more engaging & interactive:

• Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
  • Start using a loyalty rewards program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more. This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come back to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
  • Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
JanB
2 0 1

Thank you for your time reviewing my website and providing such valuable feedback. It’s much appreciated. 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3415 193 618

@JanB,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes