Feedback on my store please!

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello,
I've been working on my website for some time now.

https://www.justbestthings.com

I'm interested to see from a user's perspective, are there any glaring issues with it so far or does it seem decent?

I've been getting a lot of traffic and add to carts, even a few checkouts but they keep abandoning at the last minute.
Is there anything that may be causing them to do that? I've even tried to add Exit intent discounts to prevent it.

I'm aware descriptions need some work, I'm currently in the process of writing them up properly.

Kind regards!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
52 7 12

Hi, @JustBestThings!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I had a chance to explore your website and wanted to assure you that there isn't anything preventing customers from completing a purchase. I found the website easy to navigate and didn't run into any obstacles during the process of adding an item to the cart and reaching the checkout pages. It can be tricky to decipher exactly why visitors are abandoning their checkouts, but there are a few things we can take a look at to help you convert more visitors to customers.

Shopify Analytics - traffic & conversion

How many unique visitors are you seeing over a 30 day period, and what's the conversion rate for that timeframe? You can check these numbers by heading to Analytics > Dashbaord in your Shopify admin. The Shopify Analytics will tell you what regions and social channels most of your customers are visiting from, what pages they land on, and more. Once you have about 1000+ unique visitors along with 2%+ conversion for each 30 day period, you'll have enough data to inform future marketing efforts as well as what changes might need to be made on the website. 

If you don't quite have 1000+ unique visitors and/or 2%+ conversion just yet, we can look into ways to increase your traffic and conversion. Depending on the marketing strategies you've tested so far and how long you've been at it, it's totally possible that you just haven't found the right audience yet. It takes time to find the right customers.

One way to get quality traffic coming to your website is to build an audience on your Facebook and Instagram pages. Having a large following on social media can be great, but promoting engagement through likes and comments is what gets customers wanting to visit your website to make a purchase. Have you defined a target audience for your store? Where have most of your visitors been coming from so far?

Customer experience
As far as changes I can suggest right now without that data, I would love to see a bit more detail on the About Us page. The Shopify Blog has a post called "The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own)" that might help you with this if you're interested in reworking that page. Having a strong About Us page will help make your online store look professional and trustworthy to customers. 

By the way, I wanted to share a post from the Shopify Blog that you might find helpful since you mentioned you're working on the product descriptions: 9 Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell.

Recovering abandoned checkouts
If you haven't yet, I recommend sending an email to the customers who abandoned the checkout. Shopify can do this automatically for you. All you need to do is enable automatic abandoned checkout emails under Settings > Checkout. If the exit intent discounts haven't been effective so far, another method to consider is to share a discount code via email with customers who have abandoned the checkout to encourage them to come back. 

I hope you find these resources Please let me know if you have any questions about anything I've mentioned here.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes