Hi there Shopify Community,
Can you provide feedback on my store please. I am only new to the e-commerce space and have had my store up and running since October 2018. Due to illness though, I had to take a short break, but I have come back with some fairly mighty determination. :) I have been trying to promote my site and the products I am dropshipping the best way I can understand (ie. FaceBook Marketplace, Google and FB ads and the good old word of mouth). I can see there has certainly been an increase in the amount of visitors/traffic to my site, however this is not converting into sales and I have no idea why. Eg. Yesterday (21/09/19), there were 84 visitors, 87 store sessions and 1 sale. This weeks total is 241 visitors and 256 store sessions, 1 sale. I have made some changes this evening, particularly in relation to the order products appear (ie. least expensive to most expensive).
Your feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You have a good selection of products and services such as the "let us hunt n peck for you" option. After looking and searching through all the pages in your store I was able to see the following:
From a customer perspective:
1. I suggest increasing brand awareness by adding a logo to replace the image on the header (the one that is located right next to the search bar). This way visitors that visit your site and like a product, but could not purchase it at the time can always visually associate the product they were wanting to your store - making them come back to finish the purchase. If you are wanting an image to be displayed then this would be more appropriate in a homepage slideshow/or non-slideshow banner.
2. Your shipping page needs more information - as a customer i would like to know the delivery times, places you ship to (i see that you have multiple currency enabled - you probably ship worldwide?), etc. Suggestions: you can make into an FAQ style page.
From a web designer/developer perspective:
1. You can place a "new arrival" section on your homepage instead of being on the navigation menu. Clean up the navigation menu by placing store related tabs: shipping, about us, other services on a footer menu links, and place some of the categories on this menu.
2. Arranging or formatting the "free shipping on all orders" that is located in your site's header links to catch the attention of customers - it is pretty small as of right now and a customer might miss it. Suggestions: there is a couple of ways to do this from simple to most complex, but if you don't have experience with liquid and css, there are free apps on the Shopify app store that allow you to place a shipping banner on top/below the header section.
3. If you want to increase your SEO, i suggest to add to the meta description of the homepage, products, categories, and pages. For example, if you look at the page source for your 3D skull ice cube maker - the description that Google would see is just the material type.
There other touches to your store that you can do to increase value proposition and customer trust such as an FAQ page, blog, more descriptive products (adding delivery times or free shipping call-outs on the product pages) but as far as a customer perspective, the missing shipping time and information would deter me from buying.
Good luck on your store and business endeavors!
Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.
After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.
You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.
After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you
After looking I couldn't find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase
But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.
By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.
To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/