No sales but getting traffic :(
Www.concretegoods.co.uk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
654 73 117

Hey, @Concretegoods!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Firstly congratulations on your store, you have done a brilliant job at building it. Your products are lovely and I love that they are handmade! It is great that you have traffic on your store which is the first step but getting sales can take time. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? 

The first thing that I always look at with new stores are the product descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

The second thing I noticed was your slideshow has some of your beautiful products but I do think you need some text on there to explain about the business, even just a line or two so the customers know straight away when they visit your page what it is about and what you sell. I love the quote you have at the bottom of the page "What's nice about concrete is that it looks unfinished." - Zaha Hadid, however, I would move this up the page a bit to break up some of the sections. 

2019-09-amfkd-5uld8

At the moment you have no 'About Us' page on your store. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! I would add this to your main menu so your customers can read about you and your amazing handmade products the second they visit your store.

There are also no links in your footer for a privacy policy or terms of service. These are very important pages and help generate trust for the customer. Shopify can help generate these templates for you, however, you are responsible for following your published policies. Review your policies carefully before adding them! This page in our help centre goes through all the steps on this and how to add them to your footer. I would also add an FAQ page to the main menu as customers want to see this as soon as they visit a store. Think of all the questions you have for stores when you are visiting them online. We have an excellent blog post on FAQ pages here, all about how to build one and why you need it so be sure to have a read through it. 

Other than that, it all looks great! Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like

Hi @Concretegoods 

Few areas to work on

• Home Page (flow)
  • Product Page 
  • About Page 
  • Site Navigation 
  • Cart Page 

I'll also send you email going over these areas. So look out for that in the next few minutes. 

I really love the product images you have. They have a really good vibe and feeling to them. 

Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
83 4 28

Hi @Concretegoods

Your store looks great!  Getting your first few sales can be tough.

Given you have a very specific / limited product collection, I'd consider using more a "featured" product page like Google uses for their products (https://store.google.com).  Then I'd focus on analyzing traffic using Google Analytics - see what people are browsing and where they're leaving your site. 

Good luck with your store!

Entaice

Tired of having high traffic but no sales?
Learn how to increase your conversion rate with this Step by Step Guide
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Concretegoods 

There are a couple of things I might consider adding to your store, but overall good work

An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. How long have your campaigns been live for?

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level as it's super beautiful. Your campaigns may need some work on who you are targeting or if they have only been running for less then a week, may not a bit more time. I would also consider doing Google Shopping campaigns over Facebook if you are not right now.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you for the feedback! Yes I was considering having just the single image at the top instead of a slideshow, I will definitely look into descriptions and ads :) thank you
0 Likes