Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
Firstly congratulations on your store, you have done a brilliant job at building it. Your products are lovely and I love that they are handmade! It is great that you have traffic on your store which is the first step but getting sales can take time. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising?
The first thing that I always look at with new stores are the product descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.
The second thing I noticed was your slideshow has some of your beautiful products but I do think you need some text on there to explain about the business, even just a line or two so the customers know straight away when they visit your page what it is about and what you sell. I love the quote you have at the bottom of the page "What's nice about concrete is that it looks unfinished." - Zaha Hadid, however, I would move this up the page a bit to break up some of the sections.
At the moment you have no 'About Us' page on your store. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:
- Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
- Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
- Explain your business model or how your products are made.
- Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! I would add this to your main menu so your customers can read about you and your amazing handmade products the second they visit your store.
Other than that, it all looks great! Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all.
Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here.
I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can!
Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Few areas to work on
I'll also send you email going over these areas. So look out for that in the next few minutes.
I really love the product images you have. They have a really good vibe and feeling to them.
Keep up the good work.
Your store looks great! Getting your first few sales can be tough.
Given you have a very specific / limited product collection, I'd consider using more a "featured" product page like Google uses for their products (https://store.google.com). Then I'd focus on analyzing traffic using Google Analytics - see what people are browsing and where they're leaving your site.
Good luck with your store!
There are a couple of things I might consider adding to your store, but overall good work
An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase
You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.
After carefully reviewing I don't see a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.
You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.
If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course
To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/
Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. How long have your campaigns been live for?
Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level as it's super beautiful. Your campaigns may need some work on who you are targeting or if they have only been running for less then a week, may not a bit more time. I would also consider doing Google Shopping campaigns over Facebook if you are not right now. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.
Hi @Concretegoods !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck! You have a very eye-appealing store!
1. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
2. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
3. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
4. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
5. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
6. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
7. Homepage designs guide your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
8. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
9. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.