Feedback on my store please

3 0 0
I would really appreciate some constructive criticism on my store. Please be kind
Many thanks
0 Likes
Excursionist
26 1 3
Your store url link
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
211 22 36

Hi, @Emsil!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community! I would be happy to review your store and provide feedback. In order for the Community to take a look, can you please share the link to your store in a reply on this thread? Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to seeing the store.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hey !!
Thank you so much, that would be super appreciated! Feeling lost with so much to do

https://cakestand.org/
0 Likes

Hi Emily & Brad 

Few suggestion 

Home Page: You want to flow this page really well. I would do this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Testimonials 
  • Popular Product (4-8 Max)
  • Something Interesting 
  • Instagram Feed (if you have nice images)

Checkout: In your checkout you don't have your logo. It's important to be consistent throughout your website. I'd add your logo. 

Overall I love your logo and the colors you picked to use. I'll also send you a more detailed review shortly. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 
Clayton Bates 

P.S If you want a awesome , extremely detailed , Free website review that will blow your socks off check out this link HERE or www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
211 22 36

Thanks for sharing your store URL, @Emsil!

My number one recommendation for your website is to have all body text in a darker colour. It doesn't have to be black—the dark teal in your logo and heading text would work well—but any darker colour will help with text accessibility. Lighter colours on a white background can be hard for some customers to read, which could cause them to leave the website.

Using a lighter colour for body text also becomes problematic in sections like the newsletter sign-up where the background is the same colour, so the text isn't visible:

06-21-oqv89-l3n2e

You can edit these colours under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Colors. Otherwise, the information in the About, International Shipping, and Returns & Exchanging pages is easy to read and I'm happy to see you've tailored all of this content to your business instead of using default templates. This can definitely help to increase buyer trust in your brand.

I agree with @Clayton_Bates's recommendation to add your logo to the checkout as well. You can customize the checkout under Settings > Checkout or directly through your theme editor under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Checkout and upload your logo there if you're interested.

The only other thing I'd look into changing over time would be ensuring that all of the product image dimensions are consistent with one another (at least for the primary product image that shows up on collection pages). This will allow for clean alignment on the collection pages and can make the online store look more professional.

06-02-z7wwi-dcxe5
I typically recommend square images at 2048 x 2048 px, but I think rectangular images will work best for you since a lot of the cake stand pictures include a cake on display and are therefore taller. Your product and collection images can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels, but they do not have to be square. 

I took a look at your Facebook and Instagram pages too, and I wanted to congratulate you on your following there. I see over a thousand followers on Facebook and over 9K on Instagram—that's amazing! How have you been marketing through these channels so far?

Since it looks like the Instagram page is doing really well, you might want to add an Instagram feed to your home page to show visitors to the website that you're well established. This can be featured near the bottom of the home page, and can be easily added through the use of an app. There are quite a few apps for Instagram feeds, including some with free plans available. Before you install any apps or change your theme, I recommend downloading a backup copy of your theme just to be safe.

Please let me know if you have questions about anything I've mentioned here. I hope this helps!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
460 19 54

Honestly, I need to appreciate you for showing up with such a captivating store. You have amazing products and everything is aesthetically appealing. For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement and retention. You can entice your customers by giving loyalty and reward points on activities like on daily visits, when they sign up, allowing for push notifications, leaving a review, on making a purchase and many more.

This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points. You can add rich snippets, they are very essential for a store.

Generally, rich snippets have a much higher click-through rate. If the click-through rate of your snippet increases, the amount of traffic generated will then be higher. What you can do to convert your customers is you can add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. It helps in retargeting your customers even when they are not on your store and also convert the inactive customers to active customers. This will clearly impact your retention. Every visitor can be your customer. So make sure you are not losing any of them.

To maximize engagement and sales in your store. Install AiTrillion.com

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes