Feedback on my store please

Tourist
3 0 2

Hi everyone

I have recently opened my store and I would really appreciate some honest feedback from people.

My website is www.thegiftandgadget.com 

Thank you all.

Hey @Kate36,

Congrats on opening your first store!

I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

You are offering a wide range of products on your website, you have toilet seats, LED shoe laces, mugs, pens, candles and more. This is something we see A LOT with drop shippers. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will have something for everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

Again, not trying to discourage you, genuinely want you to succeed.

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

No I totally agree with you, I have a lot of stuff.

I'll have a watch of the video and try to streamline my products a little.

I've made a few sales so I have an idea of which products are more popular.

Thank you so  much for taking the time out to give me some feedback on the store, I really appreciate it.

Hey @Kate36

That's great to hear!

Going off of sales is a GREAT way to figure out which products are "Winning Products".

Wishing you all the best!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
235 41 148

Hey there, @Kate36!  

Congratulations on the new store! It’s always a win when you open a new store. Here’s to a great start to Gifts and Gadgets!

Now, for feedback. A few things:

• Small details. I would use a logo rather than text, and add a favicon. Add a currency localization tool to convert the currency as necessary.  
  • Homepage: Add a CTA to the hero image. In general, the layout doesn’t showcase your products. On desktop, we don’t see any products until ⅔ of the way down the page. That’s a problem! I’m all about highlighting your collections, but do it in a way that shows your products as well. The same goes with your hero image - I like the general idea of it, but it’s not selling me on your products. You have just seconds to convince someone to stay on your site, and I’m not sure you’re doing it. Use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking and evaluate the length of your homepage with a scroll heatmap. It’ll show you what details people are seeing.
  • Footer: Make sure you add value to your newsletter because people who come to your website aren’t sure they want to buy from you; they won’t know they want to get your emails. Make sure your email addresses/URLs are linked (i.e., Terms of Service and Privacy Policy). For your shipping page, make sure it is helpful. You can rework this to be easier to read. Shipping times are important, but don’t forget to add in any shipping cost estimation as well.
  • Social media: Change the social media links to open in a new tab. Start posting regularly to each platform if you plan on promoting them. 
  • Main Navigation: Use session recordings, which show you what happened during each visit, to see how people are moving around your store. Follow-up with a click heatmap to see where they are clicking on that main navigation. About Us can likely be kept in the footer. LED and Geek may not be enough of a description that drives clicks. Also, don’t forget  to add a Shop All collection.
  • Collection page: Make sure all of the images are the same dimensions. Since you have 15 products rather than 8, I wouldn’t have it spread across two pages. I would expand the number of products displayed on a page. While I like that you have filters, they aren’t very useful as they stand now. Think of what people would want to filter by - cost, function, rating, availability, etc.
  • Product page: The product images on the collection page should match the default image displayed on the product page. For example, the Jolly Awesome Heart Changing Mug - Might Be Coffee, Might Be Vodka page has a different image that displays on the product page. I didn’t see any quantity options, or at least on the Jolly Awesome Heart Changing Mug. Add in size details. Link your 30-day money back guarantee to the appropriate page. Lastly, move the reviews above your “You May Also Like” feature. If people are on this page, they are going to look for reviews for this product rather than move to a different product. 

Overall, you’re doing a great job. You need to be proud that you’re making so much progress in your first store. I would urge you to use visitor behavior to understand what your visitors experience and what’s happening during their visit.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you Danny.

Your response has really given me some great insights to work on!

Thank you so much for having a look at my store and giving the feedback.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2072 117 378

Hello @Kate36, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

- Having a good brand logo will help you with branding.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

- Add Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes