Feedback on my store please

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi everyone,

I've just created a store for my new surfboard wax brand.

Would love any feedback

stickybird.co

Thank you!

Aaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @athoma21 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

Did you think about adding an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

One thing to consider is adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @athoma21 ,

Congratulations on your new store!

I just reviewed your store, it is quite good. Here are a few things you might consider changing.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Add an Email sign-up form on your website: To collect the email database, you should have an email sign-up form on your website to shoot an email for every update, release, and news.

Web-Fonts: Ensure text is user-visible while web fonts are loading. Choose a font  that is easier to read even from further away. Use a different color other than yellow for conveying important information, indicating an action or prompting a response.

Add write a review section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating.

Mobile Score: Your website speed score is 46%. It should be above 80%. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on the speed score as well.

sickybird.jpg

I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Aaron

Congrats on the launch of your own brand. That is not easy to do.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. The main image on the homepage could be bolder and standout more. It's pretty dark and hard to see what is going on as it's dark

2. I would make your Customer Reviews standout more as it blends into the homepage right now

3. Changing "Rang" to "Shop" would make it more familiar to people visiting your site

4. With only 6 products on your collection page, I would show 3 products/ row to bring the page in balance. Also the "free shipping" is hard to read as yellow on grey background is not a huge contrast

5. I would consider organizing your footer links as they are a bit mashed together. A nice list with one or two columns would be better for people to find what they want

6. I would consider adding a lifestyle video talking about how your brand helps surfers do what they do could be great for driving sales

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews like you have on the homepage. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. 

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Adding some lifestyle photos of surfers would make it pop on the page

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hey Stickybird,

The first visit to the store was quite awesome, but still, it needs improvement. These points will surely help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Would love to see more social connectivity to the footer for engaging them.
  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.
  4. Please add some more blogs for better clarity.
  5. For better traffic and sales, you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit. Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

6. Also, You have around 9 products, the visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thanks very much for your feedback - all great suggestions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

great suggestions! thank you.

How do I speed up the site for mobile?

Thanks again!

Aaron

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Thanks for your suggestions - very helpful. I have a question:

How do I:

"I would consider organizing your footer links as they are a bit mashed together. A nice list with one or two columns would be better for people to find what they want"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

thank you very much. These are great suggestions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 0

To answer your question about speeding up mobile site, try using AMP for Shopify

And here are a few suggestions which could improve your site:

1. Add a blog section for your site and regularly post one. It really helps!
2. There is no H1 of your home page.
3. Adding a structure to these links would really tidy up the bottom portion of the site (https://prnt.sc/q00zy1)

4. Consider adding breadcrumbs
5. A sticky header really helps the user better navigate your site. (https://prnt.sc/q013ea)
6. Great Idea for adding a wax selector section, but you can customize that section in a better format so that it is user-friendly.

0 Likes