Feedback on my store please

1 0 0

Hello Shopify community,

I have been working my scratch map store for a couple of weeks now. Just began Instagram advertising on travel pages the last couple days. Spent $33USD, around 0.20 USD per click, 169 visitors, 4 add to carts, 3 checkouts and 1 sale. I intend to add more products in the future and make it a niche/general store. 

Store URL: www.spiffystore.com.au

The feedback requested

Specifically feedback on user experience factors but feel free to give feedback on anything:

• First impressions
  • Overall lay-out & colors
  • Website speed and how to optimize this
  • Travel through the website. Can I do something to funnel people to checkout. 
  • Images quality
  • What's missing

Regards 

Lochie

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
390 27 74

Hey Lochie I'll share some feedback:

First impressions

The first thing I noticed was no logo or About link in the header. I think these are key to establish trust and start developing a brand.

Overall lay-out & colors

I would add more content to the home page (product previews, about the brand, messaging to get the customer engaged).

I would choose a brand color and use that to complement the design (whether it's logo, header, footer, graphics, etc).

You can A/B test your add to cart button, I think having a bright color that stands out will get more clicks.

Website speed and how to optimize this

You can implement lazy loading to prevent images loading on startup (and instead when they scroll). Your pages aren't very long yet so this would probably just be minimal, but I'm seeing 6 images on your product page that can probably be lazy loaded: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fjp7bkye3s

You have a fairly high number of server requests and 3rd party domains. A lot of that can't be avoided because of apps. My advice there is to make sure any apps you've uninstalled in the past, that you've removed any theme code they may have added. Other than that, you can analyze each of your loaded resources and make sure they're contributing to sales, and that they're only being loaded on the page(s) they're needed. You can click on "Number of requests" in that analysis link above to see what files are being loaded on the product page.

Travel through the website. Can I do something to funnel people to checkout.

Consider trying (or A/B testing) having some bullet points in the price / buy area. This will help bring attention to the key features and get the user engaged enough to scroll down and learn more if they're interested.

I've done heat map testing and found a lot of people will click on About if it's in the header. This means people want to know who they're buying from. This is an opportunity to create some branding that will give the user the confidence to follow through with the purchase.

Images quality

Looks fine to me.

What's missing

- logo

- social proof (customer images, Instagram, testimonials)

- more content so it feels like a thriving store

Thats good you got a sale early on from ads, that's promising. I think if you focus on building out the site to feel more like a community, add a couple more products, and focus on conversion rate optimization, you can get some traction going.

One last thing I'll leave you with, I wrote a conversion rate optimization guide with 20 methods I've used to improve conversions: https://speedboostr.com/conversion-rate-optimization-guide. That should stir up some ideas you can apply / test on your store.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto fulfills orders, adds tags, emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1021 59 220

Hey Spiffystore,

Though it is presently a one-product store still, it lags many useful features which can surely compel the visitors to buy your product. So, the presence of those important features is quite essential for generating sales. Few of them are mentioned below :

1. Newsletter can be added to the footer for keeping customers updated regarding the latest discounts and promotions.
  2. Testimonials and Instagram images must also be added to the footer for increased brand promotion.
  3. Favicon is missing, which is compulsory for store identification.
  4. The logo is quite plain, Just make it a little more professional by modifying the font style and color combination used.
  5. Add some more unique banners for a more classy store look.
  6.  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May your store be showered with a lot more sales in the coming days.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Hi Lochie! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

The first impression is positive - bright colors, easy to use top menu navigation, perfect. The promo image can make an impression it’s still a Christmas promo, which means the store is not maintained [it’s not true, obviously, however your visitors do not know that]. Consider adding a different promo image here - perhaps showing one of your products. 

From the homepage, it’s difficult to guess what you are offering, which can definitely affect your conversion rate [sales]. Make sure to communicate it clearly and immediately as soon as someone visits your homepage. Make sure people understand right away what they can expect to find in your store. If you are too vague, people might not be inspired enough to click further, they will simply leave the website and go somewhere else.

Consider adding few featured products to your homepage - the more people have content to engage with, the longer they stay on your website, which counts towards your SEO score [dwell time] and also improves your conversion rate.

Add more trust signals: About us page, Contact us page, Shipping policy, and Returns policy. Make sure they are on separate pages and linked to from your top or footer menu. It will not only help you build trust and improve sales, it will also help you with SEO - more written content and more internal link building is very important for Google.

Also, define your SEO - your homepage Google snippet is empty, meaning people only see your brand name ‘Spiffy’ when they come across your listing in the search results. Make sure to add more details, as to what you are offering, to get ranked in the relevant search results and prompt people to click your listing. It will help you improve your organic traffic in Google.

When it comes to website speed, your site takes a while to load - 2.52 sec in fact:

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 07.12.31.png

It’s quite surprising, as it’s a brand new site, and homepage has barely any content. Consider looking into this - Pingdom has reliable info as to what needs to be improved on your website in order to load faster. 

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy 

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 20 42

Hello! 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team - thanks for your post! I checked out your website and would love to provide you with feedback. 

My first impression was that I loved the product and think there are a lot of really creative ways to market something like this.

The website is well built, nice and simple with lots of opportunities to fine-tune and develop some solid branding. The speed doesn't seem to be problematic and the image quality is sharp and professional. I understand you intend to add more products down the line, which is great! At this point, I'd love to see the website and homepage become a little more specified since the landing page doesn't give me any clues about what your product is. Considering adding the map as the feature product on the front page or use some of our tools to help build a story, which in turn can funnel to the checkout. 

In addition to adding more product specific content to the front page, I also suggest adding an About section as well as terms of service, privacy policy, shipping and returns pages. This helps you build trust among customers. Shopify provides templates you can customize to make it easier to set-up. Check them out here. 

What's missing the most is a sense of branding. I suggest reviewing this forum post that really dives into the most important things to make sure you have set-up prior to spending ad money. It sounds like you are already finding a bit of success so making these additional changes should really help!

Building a brand build familiarity, trust and better conversions. Give it a read!  There's so much value to be found here. 

Let me know what you think of my recommendations and don't hesitate to reach out if you're looking for a hand with any of it!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes