My shop is Witch from the West, link is witchfromthewest.com
I sell alternative fashion clothing. Most of my items are made be me. My socks are out source for production but my original designs. I know I need more product, just running after to kids leave me less time to make. Not to mention since everyone is trying to make mask almost all cotton is gone. I did think about drop shipping clothing to add to my shop but I don't feel that would represent my store well. Maybe tshirts but trying to find local is hard and it seems all the big store are that do print on demand are at max order which makes longer ship time.
I get visitors but no sell. Are the items unappealing? Whats unappealing and what looks good? Is it too empty? Did I cover my bases? Does my shop look cheap? I want to add higher price items and want to make sure my shop looks legit and not a scam. Any other critique ans suggestions are welcome.
Hi Clayton Bates here from Shopify Experts.
Great idea to make your own clothing that is awesome. Overall your site is missing a lot of key elements you need to really turn visitors into customers. Some of the areas include are.
Here are some links to videos that could really help you out also
Hope that helps. Reach out if you need anymore help.
P.S Here are some video reviews my awesome clients have left me
I suggest to learn the market as it becomes easier for you to identify the target customers and then draft an effective marketing strategy which may help position your business among the target audience.
Also focus on to identify your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) first. Without a strong USP, you'll be spending money on ad impressions but see little sales.
Unless you can pinpoint what makes your business unique in a world of homogeneous competitors, you cannot target your sales efforts successfully.
In terms of choosing products, you should choose the products which have high demands in the market.
I just reviewed your store. I think you should do some improvements on your store also.
Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and is visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on a website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Homepage: Homepage could be better and more organized. For engaging new customers you need to work on your homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided. Also add a favicon on homepage.
Featured Images: The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Create good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention.
Social Media: Integrating social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages for your business helps to reach more customers. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users.
I hope you like my feedback.
Hey Witch from the West,
Keep the below listed points in mind for a better and professional store look:
Hope the above points help.
Hello @Duchess_ ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The header space is too large, you can increase the size on the homepage. Free Shipping can be added as this is the biggest exictment to customers.
2. Ask your customers to add feedback to the products as 90% of the products will be reviewed.
3. A section of most viewed products on the homepage by adding this all the products on the gallery will be reviewed.
4. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
6. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps
The homepage is absolutely fine.Just add some social media icons and trust badges near the footer and follow rest of the small changes as mentioned above in the review.Regarding your query, favicon is a small, iconic image that represents your website. They make you stand out and give your brand a unique identity. Through favicon, the users can immediately identify your website when there are a lot of tabs open on their browser.
How should I organize the homepage then? What is favicon?
The home page needs to flow well. Very important. I've noticed if you build it out like this it should flow well
Step 1: Give visitor good feeling with nice images
Step 2: Showcase products, prices and build trust
Step 3: Build a connection with the visitor
Step 4: In case they didn't click any of the above links you want to finish off like this
The home page doesn't have to be 100% this way but its a good start