I have not unlocked my new page because my domain name is still active on Squarespace. I think I'm almost finished, and I'd greatly appreciate some constructive comments on where the site is, at this juncture. https://beyondtheolive.myshopify.com The password is baobeu
Please note that some links will go to my existing page (like About, Education, Private Press Club) because I don't want to bother with re-typing URLs once I transfer the domain name.
Specifically - I'm interested in feedback on layout, easy of use, checkout pages, products, speed of loading and navigation. Thank you!
Hyde here from Shopify.
Well done! Your store looks fantastic, and you've done a great job. I've noticed that you have some great content hidden away in the footer menu of your store:
I wonder if it wouldn't make a little sense to pepper that throughout your homepage? At the moment you've got Call to Actions to take customers to see the shop and products, but what about leading them on to more information about your Quarterly Club and your recipes?
In a similar vein, you will want to package that all up as blog posts/video posts that can be shared on your social media accounts to help establish your authority in the field and to pique interest.
In fact, bearing in mind that content is king, you'll want to:
I hope this all helps!
All the best, Hyde.
Hi @BTO2 ,
I just had a look at your store. Awesome work! The logo is looking good as the design is simple, neat, and clean.
Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and is visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on a website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Homepage: I like your homepage design. You can add more ‘call to action ’ on the homepage to engage users.
Store Speed: Store speed also quite good. 66% on mobile and 97% on desktop.
Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating.
Put Effort Into Online Reviews & Social Proof: Social media Makes your visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with customers.
Live Chat Support. Integrate live chat support on your website. A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.
I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Hello Hyde and thank you for the feedback.
The store is up - www.beyondtheolive.com
I used the Brooklyn template and so I couldn't figure out how to get a video on the home page. I would need to delete the slideshow otherwise a video and the slideshow would probably load super slow.
The slideshow is a bit jerky . Is that because the pictures are too big? I also notice as I scroll down the home page - as the slide show changes pictures, it forces the page to go back up to it, instead of allowing me to stay where I scrolled to. I anticipate this bothering customers.
I would like to put the video I have on my about page on the home page, if it would load faster. https://beyondtheolive.com/pages/about
Any additional tips would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Hi @BTO2 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. I really like your logo, you have done great job!
2. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
3. . Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool.
4. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
5. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
6. Your google page speed score is only 34 and mobile 28. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.
7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
8. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
9. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
10. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
11. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
12. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
13. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
14. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi there! I think your store is well organized. About visual look, I like your logo, it's beautiful.
But you may want to add more testimonials to gain trust for your store which can affect customers' purchasing decision. You should use review tool to add reviews for your store, they're strong proof showing that your store is qualified enough. There are review tool which can help, like Ali Reviews for example. This app can import multiple customer review at once, then you can filter good review to be displayed on your site.
The more good review you have, the higher chance you get to boost your sales. Should consider this. Wish you all the best!