Feedback on my store to make sales

Solved
Casabenico
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello everyone. I launched my store 3 weeks ago, I am getting significant traffic form social media and a little form direct traffic but no sales. I only got 1 sale so far. When I look at the report, I see that people are spending less than 1 mn in my store and very few are adding products to their carts. I would like to get your feedback on how to improve my store and make sales. I am doing some payed ads on facebook, instagram and pinterest with a great amount of traffic but no sales.  Please visit my site and let me know how I can improve. www.casabenico.com

0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @Casabenico. How are you doing?

I am Johnny, A professional shopify developer, manager and experienced ecommerce marketer.

I have reviewed your website and I can see that it looks stunning and attractive enough to convert traffic but reverse is the case practically. With my experience, I will suggest that two things are missing with one of the 2 very obvious and that is the sales funnel system for robust marketing strategy and less targeted ads.

* Sales funnel: Traffic coming to any web store are 95% of time not guaranteed to convert and how will you solve that? It's by sales funnel system. With sales funnel, you have the advantage of remarketing to every potential buyers right from the moment they signup to your store mailing list which they got attracted to with the powerful lead magnet. For this, it best solve your current issue of add to carts without checkout.

* Marketing: I understand the fact that you have been running Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest ads but while doing this, there are more to just setting up ads. have you define your audience or you are just setting up ads with non detailed target audience?
I can tell to some extent that your ads are not targeted enough and that is why there is less than a minute engagement/session in your store per traffic (Only BOTS does that)

In providing answer to this points, kindly drop your response here and we shall share further information to achieve the best result.

0 Likes
waytoapps
Explorer
89 10 42

Hi

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks good and here are few tips which you can work on it.

Make a Sticky header so that customer can navigate easily on the header section and search field.

In 'All Products' Page, there is lot of space available. I suggest you to fill it with few more products to grab the customers attention.

Add ATC button (add to cart) on the products which are on Homepage.

Minimize the footer space and make sure to fit with the content on it.

Add more contact details to look your store trustworthy.

If you are already selling on Etsy platform consider our integration app from shopify app store .

Thanks,
ShopList
Shopify-Etsy Integration.
0 Likes
Casabenico
Tourist
6 0 2
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Can you please walk me through how to make these changes on my site?
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2453 141 444

Hello @Casabenico, I hope you are doing well! your store looks professional and aesthetically appealing. Here is the feedback on your store:

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

- Create a drop-down menu in all products option of the header menu.

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
rsdimitrov
Shopify Partner
87 8 25

@Casabenico , STOP before you rush into making any random changes to your store. This may very well be wasted time, money and effort if you don't know what actually stops your visitors from buying.

What if you are having problems with the product page (which you seem to)? Would it make sense to change your homepage and collection pages if people rarely see them?

With your paid ads you are already leaking money. No point in wasting time just fiddling with your website, or god forbid, installing more paid apps or paying someone to "fix" something other than the step that's scaring your traffic away.

There are three general areas where you may be doing something wrong, which usually results in no sales, or in sales, but with higher costs than is desirable.

1. The right people
Who are you targeting? Do you know where they hang out, so you can research them? Do you know if they buy things online? What do they buy?

2. The right products
Knowing who are the people you'd like to serve, you can find out what kinds of products they pay for. You can also find out the problems they hope to solve with them. Then you can source these.

3. The right shopping experience (from first touch with your brand to after they've bought from you)
Following from 1 and 2 you have all the data to know if they would buy a certain product if it is presented to them in a specific way. So you can use your competitor's sites as a specification to improve on.

If you are certain that you know the answers to 1 and 2, figuring out 3, the right shopping experience, should be simple, as you've gotten examples of others in the same niche and the way they serve the same people.

If you are going the other way and trying to test if various answers from 1,2 and 3 make sense for some people then you'll have to rely on empirical data from your visitors.

Say you've found almost the right people and you are presenting products they are interested in.

Social media is a very fickle channel to access these people through. Because of the nature of advertising there, your ads interrupt people when they aren't in the mindset of buying your stuff exactly. No wonder, even if they click on the ad, that they come to your product page, read a bit of the description and go away. There are better alternatives which access people when they are in the right stage of the shopping process, hence having "buying intent" (SEO, paid search ads, Google Shopping are all good for targeting people).

Assuming your social traffic is good enough to buy, what may be the problem then?

Disclaimer: I'm guessing, as I don't have access to your Google Analitycs data and can't tell for sure. Based on the hundreds of stores I've seen, I expect your bottleneck to be on the product page... but I've been surprised more than once, hence the disclaimer. You can identify the bottleneck yourself with the help of this short guide 

What's wrong with your product pages then?
Let's use this product page as an example:
https://www.shopbenico.com/collections/storage-jars/products/black-marble-pattern-ceramics-storage-j...

Assuming people came with the idea to understand a bit more about the product you've been advertising, they expect answers to the following questions:

"Is this for me?"
Can you tell them with certainty that this is the right product for them? If you know well the people you are advertising to, you should be able to name them by category/niche/interest like:

"This marble porcelain cup is perfect for the work desk of a minimalist who wants to bring structure to their favorite pens and pencils. Or just needs a sense of texture, a touch with nature (especially when used as a flower pot or vase)."

"How does this product solve my problem?"
Knowing your ideal customers can help you with answering that question, too.
You'll know which, out of the 20 possible, uses of this product are they interested in.

Do these Marble "Jars" get bought mostly as pen holders or by coffee lovers as a bean container?

Knowing that you can explain how the products FEATURES (dimensions, surface quality, cover, color, textures) help them get the BENEFITS they are after.

"Why should I buy this product from here?"
What's unique about the product?
What's your competitive advantage?

Highlight that to give them ONE MORE reason to stay and consider buying that product from you, instead of going to their local home decor store and buying something similar.

"How am I going to pay for this?"
Help them see that the payment methods they feel comfortable with are supported by your store.

If you've researched your target audience you'll know what are they used to shop with. Is it Afterpay? Is it Apple Pay? Do they stay away from PayPal? Are they scared of using their card online because a site may not seem trustworthy?

"How much exactly am I going to pay?"
This is a tricky one, and online shoppers know it. You see a price of $40 but you know this isn't going to be the final price you are going to pay. And expenses keep adding up—shipping, customs... returns (if they don't like it). Sometimes not buying is the safest action they can take.

To help them understand the real cost of obtaining this item, make sure you include shipping info on your product pages. You shouldn't make people wait until 2 steps into the checkout to know how much MORE are they going to pay for this.

Give them as close to the final price as possible, so that they could start rationalizing why buying this product is good for them (based on your answers of their other questions).

"How exactly am I going to get this?"
Visualize or explain which shipping services are going to be involved. Ensure them that the products are well packaged and won't be damaged during transportation. Explain that you have a policy if this happens, so they feel safe even in the "worst case scenario".

"When can I hold it in my hands?"
Helping people imagine having the product (and all the benefits they are after) is a big driver for their actions.

Nudge them to consider buying by telling them something along the lines of "Shipping 2 weeks after your order is processed." or "Order today and you can have this item before Feb 14 2021".

All of the above points are potential opportunities to tip the scales in your favor. With them you are giving your visitors more reasons to stay and buy from you. Or worded another way—removing yet another of their objections that's been stopping them from buying.

When the relationship between you and your potential customers is just starting out you are on the far end of the "distrust" spectrum. Catching their attention with a product is not enough. There are many small bricks to stack that can help you win their business.

Still, if you know your people well, you can get by with ticking just some of the boxes at the start. Your sales numbers will tell you how effectively you are ticking these boxes.

Even if you are starting with nothing and getting no sales, that's ok. E-commerce is a process of never ending improvement. You'll eventually do more research and this will help you'll improve your messaging, product portfolio and targeting over time. Hopefully before you've burned all your cash on social ads...

NEXT STEPS FOR YOU, assuming you are selling the right products to the right people:

1. Make sure you know what type of page is stopping your visitors from buying. This short free guide will help.
  2. If it is indeed the "product page", find the a single product ad that has the highest CTR.
    If it isn't, contact me. Different page types/steps of the shopping process have different questions and strategies for improvement.
  3. For that product, answer as much of the above "customer" questions you can on your product page. Use the product description for that, no need to get fancy now.
  4. After the changes to the product info are live, start the ad and let it run for a while. See if the sales/add to carts of this product improve.

Let me know if you have any questions or need directions investigating this issue any further.

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please ☕ :) paypal.me/rsdimitrov
0 Likes
rsdimitrov
Shopify Partner
87 8 25

Duplicate post deleted.

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please ☕ :) paypal.me/rsdimitrov
0 Likes
Casabenico
Tourist
6 0 2
Thank you so much your for detailed answers. This is so valuable. How can you help me further and what services do you offer?

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Casabenico hope you are doing good. I checked your website, i have few suggestions, which can help you improve your sales:-

1. Revamp your 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers.
  2. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left
  3. Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase.
  4. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
  5. Adding Product Stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase

Screenshot-2020-07-02-at-10.42.03-PM.png

Thank you,
Mufeed Aziz
0 Likes
Casabenico
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me apps I can use or how I can add these to my store? I have the vital app but I am not sure if it has all of these. 

0 Likes