Feedback on my store (would be very appreciated)

Solved
msarwari
Excursionist
22 0 3

Hi guys!

I just launched my very own product two days ago, designed by me. This is my website: www.makeupholicscosmetics.com

I would love to get some feedback about things I could change or improve, and please let me know how to do these things as well since I am quite a noob with website building :).

Thank you so much!

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @msarwari,

A big congratulations on launching your brand, super exciting!

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, when you click on products, it leads here:

screencapture-makeupholicscosmetics-collections-all-2021-01-25-11_47_05.png

Instead of having the customer make another click, I would change that link to "Shop" and have it lead to this page instead.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. The first line in your product description/SEO is "We wanted to create the ultimate lash experience book for all the lash-a-holics!". One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. This overflows into SEO, a common mistake we see is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

My last recommendation is to tweak your homepage a little. You have really valuable information - a video and a picture showing the morning, day and night lashes, but they are at the bottom of the page. I'd recommend bringing that important information up.

screencapture-makeupholicscosmetics-2021-01-25-12_00_04.png

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
msarwari
Excursionist
22 0 3

Thank you so much for the feedback I appreciate it and will work on it!

msarwari
Excursionist
22 0 3

I just changed my homepage, do you mind checking it for me and letting me know if that looks any better? I would appreciate it!

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
738 73 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @msarwari,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on getting started!

As you mentioned that you're "quite the noob" I'm going to recommend you check out our introductory community post here that touches on all the fundamental elements your store should have.

Crucial to any store's success is knowing that there is a market for it. Do you plan on selling other makeup products, or is this a single-product store? If the latter, do you think that the lash diary has a big-enough audience to be economically viable? If you do think there are enough women who will want your product, who are they? Be sure you have a clear customer persona in your mind.

You want to speak to that potential customer directly, so you need to think about how you're reaching them and what you're saying to them. In other words, you need to develop a content strategy - more here.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

msarwari
Excursionist
22 0 3

hi !

Thank you so much for the help, I will be checking that out for sure! And I have a lot of bigger instagram pages where I promote my product on and use it in my own videos. For now it is going to stay at one product, of course in the future I want to add more!

0 Likes