Feedback on my store www.nestasia.in

Nestasia
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi All,

I have been running a Shopify store for 1 year. I want to request feedback - I have recently done a revamp of the website with different color schemes, sections and blogs. The link is www.nestasia.in

My page score on GTMetrix has improved from F to B, but my google page score ranking for mobile is stuck on 18/100 (which is really horrible). The google page score ranking for website went up from 40 to 70, which I think is more acceptable. 

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi ! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks very impressive - images are clear and professional, the logo looks excellent - you have put a lot of work into this store and it shows.

I recommend reducing the number of featured products on the homepage - it can feel slightly overwhelming to browse through all of these beautiful items - it feels like a challenge to pick just one to click, as all are so beautiful.

You need to be a little more strategic with the way you display your items, otherwise you are shooting yourself in the foot.

My tip is to display only a small portion of your items and only a few collections [perhaps the ones with most views or the ones that sell best for you]. You can then allow your visitors to see other collections by having them linked from the top menu. This way, your homepage will be welcoming without being overbearing, and your conversion will improve too.

Read more - How to boost online sales by giving fewer options

H tags - make sure to use them in the right order [H1 - H2 - H3 - H4 - H5] as it will make Google much easier to understand your content. Add your target keywords to these tags to help you rank for them:

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 17.15.55.png

Your homepage is missing a vital H1 tag [usually assigned to a page title], so make sure to add it as well.

Work on the content analysis to rank for your target keywords:Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 17.16.55.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 17.17.58.png

Make sure to SEO your images with Google friendly alt tags [and title tags as well]:

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 17.18.21.png

Giving your images descriptive alt tags makes your website more SEO friendly and can help you rank higher. Alt tags make your website accessible to all users [including those visually impaired who use image reading software], and website accessibility is very important for Google.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 17.18.29.png

Consider making your URLs more SEO-friendly. Your current URLs are too long.

It’s difficult for the search engines to read and understand them, which makes it more challenging for them to rank your site in the most relevant search results.

Make sure to make your URLs shorter and easier to understand. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @Nestasia ,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection! I've below suggestions to increase the conversion rate:

1. Add Home button at the starting of the main menu.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Add a detailed product description in product pages.

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. Add Contact Us page with a form for better customer interaction.

6. You've listed a lot of products on the home page. You can minimize it to a few sections like Featured Collection or so.

7. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

8. The product URLs are not looking good. Example: https://nestasia.in/collections/lighting/products/lampa
For getting your page searchable, you should include keywords that define your product in the url. You can give the page title as a URL.

9. Use the same font for the whole website. 

10. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

11. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

12. Add some payment options which will be convenient for the customer to purchase products.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have 497 results indexed by Google. But your website has 561+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). Everyone knows search is the most effective way to acquire customers and drive traffic. Natural search draws way more traffic than Social media. To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Nestasia
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Maggie,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review! I really appreciate your advice - I am working on the H tags and I hope to have it sorted by the end of the week. Also thank you for the other suggestions - these are very useful.

Team Nestasia

Nestasia
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Jeena,

Thank you for taking the time out to suggest changes. This is useful - I will have a look at flare

Best,

Team Nestasia

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi ,

Happy to help - thank you for letting me know. If you need help with anything or having any other questions, please email me at maggie@rockpapercopy.info

Stay safe :)

0 Likes