Feedback on my store

Solved
vivigreenstore
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi guys,

just started with this eco-friendly store, trying to offer good content and a nice website. I do not want to be too professional looking, and keep the things more "naturals" even if I know that this can affect me on sales. The url is:

https://vivigreenstore.com

and the landing page I did for a small google ads campaign is:

5 eco-friendly actions for replace your disposable single-use products – Vivi Green Store

Anyway I have some doubt about the memoji I am using, I am thinking to change at least the collections images with products images.

Even if I am clear in my blog ad in my about me page that I a still working on my English, do you think it is a big deal for my Canadian visitors see few mistake in my copy?

As mentioned before, I just started and the website is still growing and since I am going to add more stuff soon, I would like to have some opinions, thank you.

Vivi

0 Likes
Arunesh
Excursionist
61 6 25

Hello @vivigreenstore 

Hope you are doing well. Congratulations on your store.

I went through your website thoroughly and I really feel that there are few shortcomings. I am going to mention it down below:

1. TOO MUCH LITERATURE on the home page. The long paragraphs on the landing page don't look good. You need to skim them and find an apt place for them.
  2. The banners and posters are taking some time to get completely loaded.
  3. The brand logo is not very attractive. 
  4. I'd suggest you remove the emoji or use some abstract face in the logo.
  5. I'd also suggest you remove the tagline from the main logo.
  6. Find a suitable place for the tagline too.
  7. Modify your footer. Provide links to your collections.
  8. Add a subscriber form at the footer.
  9. Try to skim the product names too. Make sure you don't add the specs in the names. Specs should be in the description section.

and I appreciate your benign initiative but your website needs some modifications. It has the potential to go viral and draw handsome revenues. But your website needs some touch-ups. We at Descrii are helping e-commerce start-ups like that of yours to grow steadily. I would request you to visit our website once. If you need further help, feel free to reach out to us anytime. My team will be more than happy to help you transform your initiative into a successful business.

stage and help them grow.

We generate Compelling Product Descriptions, generate Facebook Ad Copies, generate Google Search Ads, generate Instagram Captions, Brainstorm Growth Ideas. 

You get all these in one single place saving you a lot of valuable time. The time which you can invest in expanding your business. We will be more than happy to help you out with your queries. Kindly contact us if you need further assistance.

Hope it helped you @vivigreenstore . Cheers and looking forward to working with you!

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii

Visit our website- https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify Store- https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact- hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2394 140 432

Hello @vivigreenstore, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence.

- Add an attractive popup with a discount code. 

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @vivigreenstore, I'm from PageFly team.

I have to say that, your eco-friendly store is really eco-friendly in a way. From your theme color to the way you organize your content. It's easy to keep track and very organized.

However, I have some suggestions for your store, and I hope it can help you a little bit.

1. Consider having a fixed menu. You did great with your landing page, the menu bar is fixed when I scroll down the page to read your content. So, for the homepage, you can consider doing the same with your vertical menu because I can see on each page, you have a lot of content, so when people scroll down your page, they can still click on the navigation bar to go to other pages.

frdf.jpg

2. You should pay attention to the text overlay in your hero banners and the effect. At first, when I land on your homepage, the first thing I notice is the banners. However, some banners have the text overlay with white color and the background image is too bright for me to read the text. But after a second or two, the opacity effect shows up, and I can read the text, so it really affects user experience. You can consider keeping the Text more readable from the beginning and change the opacity of the background image instead of using an effect like this.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

3. On your collection page, you can use background images related to your collection instead of using icon images. Let people have a sneak peek of what your collections will be about will be better for conversion rate.

fvd.jpg

4. On your landing page, in the middle and at the bottom of your page, you can consider adding CTA buttons. Your content on the landing page is good and very informative, but if you want to increase more chances of people buying your products. You can add CTA buttons in the center and in some part of your page to direct people to your product pages or collection pages, which can help boost the conversion rate.

fdfb.jpg

And that's all, your site is very natural in a way. You just need to make some minor changes to make it look better.

If you find my feedback helpful, you can give it a like or mark it as a solution. Best of luck!!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
vivigreenstore
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Arunesh. 

I appreciate your comments, and your suggestions. Although for the moment I am trying to keep my budget as low as possible, I hope to be able shortly to hire some professional for helping me with content and marketing. I am aware of few of the shortcoming you mentioned and as I finish with my Valentine's Day gifts page I will work on it. Thanks again.

0 Likes
vivigreenstore
Tourist
5 0 0

Hey, thanks for your help. Nice idea the loyalty program. I am still working on my layout, and I appreciate all these tips I am receiving. Thanks

0 Likes
vivigreenstore
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi there.

I really appreciate the investment on time you guys did on my website. This absolutely denotes professionalism. I am going to implement your suggestions as soon as I finish my Valentine's gift page, for which of course I could use your page builder. 

As I said in my original post, this is a side hustle for me, and I don't want to invest a lot of money on it now. You saw that I like play around with some code, and some css style, even if liquid and shopify frame are completely new for me.  Back to 10 years ago, when this was my main job, I use to work with wordpress and I know the importance of having great tools helping in the building of a website. I was a DIVI user since the beginning and after see your dedication and ethics (you didn't try to sell anything), in answering me, I am considering to try your app. Let's see if you can help me with some doubt.

• I am trying to keep my website as clean as possible, trying to avoid to install apps for every little thing, because I am concerned with speed. But I am worry about the modifications I am doing in the code also, that for my limited knowledge of liquid (I am mixing static and dynamic in my pages) and the limitations in shopify's framework itself, I am pretty sure can affect my speed. So what you think is better considering the aspect of speed, keep going with a clean installation and some light code work, or switch to a page builder like yours. (I know your answer, I am looking for a good reason, LOL)
  • In your page you talk about Saved sections, history version and page per type. Can you define that please?

However, either I start to work with you or not you really demonstrated great professionalism and inspired in me trust in your company. If you answer in such detailed way to a potential prospect, I can only imagine the quality of your CS with your customers.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

Hi, @vivigreenstore,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on getting started with your online store!

Vivigreenstore looks great, but I would recommend you cross-reference your work with this community post. It outlines all the fundamentals to having a solid basis for your store.

In terms of the memoji you're using, that is an aesthetic choice. Really with something like that, it's a question of whether the memoji would really connect with your target audience. If you haven't got a clear idea of who your brand is speaking to, you'll want to build a clear picture of your customer persona for yourself. There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

The English may be an issue, so you might want to consult a native English-speaking friend to help you proofread it. Alternatively, you could always hire a proofreader.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vivigreenstore
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks Hyde,

for sure I am going to check the post you suggest. About the memoji, that was something provisional, and since you are not the only one making me see this detail, I will remove it as soon as possible. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes