Feedback on my store

Likeallpets
1 0 1

I have a online pet supply store called

www.likeallpets.com I would like some honest feedback to help bring in more visitors and sales 

Hi @Likeallpets 

Your store is very cute, I must say. And the text from the browser Please come back! just wowed me, great work!

I just have some minor feedbacks, hope they can help:

HOME PAGE

- Add some more Call-To-Action buttons towards the end of the page:

PageFly_0-1620174800698.png

Here for example. When someone sees a button, they are more likely to click.

- Feature 1 or some of your products on home page, so visitors can be aware of the product price and have a chance to have a closer look at your products => more chance the impress someone who is just browsing.

PRODUCT PAGE

- For products that have size, it's nice to have a size chart to guide the shoppers, or for example with this one https://www.likeallpets.com/products/1-pcs-dog-bite-rope-toys-pets-dogs-supplies-pet-dog-puppy-cotto..., you can mention the dimension of each size so the dog owners know which one is for their pet.

PRODUCT LISTING PAGE

- You have some categories but if I click on the SHOP from menu and try to use sort to find the categories or look for them from the green area on the left, I couldn't find any. I also couldn't find search button => You can consider adding sort & search features to your store as the number of products aren't small and some people are inclined to use search when they shop.

PAGE SPEED

I check your store speed on Google speed insights and it seems that the speed needs to be improved => optimize your gifs and images if you haven't (especially the gifts). We have recommended free tools that you can find here https://pagefly.link/xQKRAfpQ#01_Optimize_image_loading_times alongs with other tips to improve the page speed.

In terms of bring more traffic to your stores, you can start writing blogs, use some keyword tools to find high volume but low competition keywords and writing the blogs, they can drive traffic to your store, with good articles, you can even add the products into the blog page. I have a really good impression on your copy, so I think your blogs will be worth reading too.

Though there're some areas to be improved, you've done a really great work and I am very impressed by store. And I hope you find my suggestion helpful.

If they are, please give me a 'like'.

Thank you so much in advance and I wish you the best of luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders

Hi @Likeallpets

Super cute store!

Here's some feedback.

Homepage

• Add a live chat functionality.

• The pop-up in the bottom left-hand corner about other shoppers is distracting and feels spammy. 

• Too many products are on sale. Feels like a marketing ploy.

• Being immediately offered two types of discounts for different amounts is confusing. Consider using the pop-up to reinforce the newsletter discount instead of having a completely different discount.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.32.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.32.43 PM.png

Product pages

• More false scarcity. There is too much false scarcity for this store. None of it feels genuine. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.42.12 PM.png

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions.

For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Consider offering free shipping on all products and just work shipping into product pricing. Once you offer free shipping, provide details about it immediately beneath the Add to Cart button.

In a survey by Walker Sands Communications, 90% of people said that having an order ship for free is the biggest incentive to add more to their cart, while another survey found up to 74% of shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery fees are too high. More on that here.

• Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock.
  • Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

• Show all products in context through photographs. For example, a t-shirt store would provide photography of people actually wearing their shirts instead of photography of just the shirts.

“About Us” page: 

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3029 175 553

Hello @LikeallpetsThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are some inputs from my side:

- Product page- Add multiple images of the product. 

AiTrillion_0-1620194005165.png

- Add a title to this section. Also, add a call to action button on the thumbnail images

AiTrillion_1-1620194244631.png

Product recommendations- Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

- Add a loyalty rewards programStart giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Make sure to reach email marketing automation- Email marketing is the key to promoting and growing your business, reaching your customers in real-time, increasing revenue, and selling more products than you would do normally. For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. Send price drop alert notifications to your customers. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes