Feedback on my store

Dixiedays
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

I would love to have some feedback on my store. Would really appreciates any suggestions or changes needed.

Thanks so much

Jayne

0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
524 49 171

Hi there, 

Can you please provide me with your store URL link?

Thanks, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
0 Likes
Dixiedays
Tourist
5 0 1
Shopdixiedays.com
0 Likes

Hi @Dixiedays!

Love the look of the store in general! It's very clean. The logo is beautiful. The color palette is soft. 

Here's some feedback...

Homepage

• Add a unique value proposition above the fold. 

“A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

• Ensure all photography is high resolution. For example, the photo in the screenshot below is grainy on my screen. (Double check all photos and replace any that are grainy.)

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.12.50 PM.png
  • It's difficult to read some of the names of collections. For ex: Home Decor. (See screenshot below.)

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.14.40 PM.png

Product pages

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions.

For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Consider offering free shipping on all products and just work shipping into product pricing. Once you offer free shipping, provide details about it immediately beneath the Add to Cart button.

In a survey by Walker Sands Communications, 90% of people said that having an order ship for free is the biggest incentive to add more to their cart, while another survey found up to 74% of shoppers will abandon their cart if delivery fees are too high. More on that here.

• Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock.
  • Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

• Show all products in context through photographs. For example, a t-shirt store would provide photography of people actually wearing their shirts instead of photography of just the shirts.

“About Us” page: 

Social media

• If you haven't: create a unique hashtag and encourage customers to use it and tag your store on Instagram, etc.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes

Hi @Dixiedays,

From my viewpoint, your store looks well invested, I like the elegant vibe that your store gives. Your idea of the web layout is good, so here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase conversion rate:

1, Invest more in the hero banner’s design. To do this, you can:

• Use sales text on your hero banner. The text can tell your store’s value and also attract customers’ curiosity. 

PageFly_0-1620206186514.png

• Make sure all images on the hero banner have high quality. The recommended size is 1200px.

PageFly_1-1620206186572.png

2, Upgrade your Featured Collection section by trying to:

• Use secondary hover images to make your products lively. It helps customers to have a better look at your product, thus increasing conversion rate
  • Have Add To Cart buttons on each product (for example the grey rectangles bellow) to encourage customers to continue shopping. 

PageFly_2-1620206186441.png

• Make your featured product look alluring by allowing customers to directly add it to cart from home page. It’s recommended to provide them with more information like product price, discount price, quantity available and so on

PageFly_3-1620206186433.png

To improve the design of home page, you can take this template as a reference: https://pagefly.link/dwnGcmtP   

PageFly_4-1620206186426.png

Note that you can try and use this template and other 70+ templates with PageFly even on Free plan: https://pagefly.link/mewXgjgD 

This May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommence 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive".

This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game.

Hope your business is successful and gain more sales everyday!

Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
Dixiedays
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi
Thank-you so much for taking the time to review. I really appreciate all
the info and will work on applying that soon.

All the best
Jayne
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3065 177 558

Hello @DixiedaysThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- There should not be this much blank space in the header.

AiTrillion_0-1620379845719.png

- Add review carousel or testimonials on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

- On the product page, you can add color swatches instead of these color options. That will make the product page look more attractive.

Screenshot - 2021-05-07T150517.914.png

Add these essential eCommerce engagement tools in your store to engage the traffic coming to your store:

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Dixiedays
Tourist
5 0 1

Some excellent tips and advice! Thank-you for taking the time to review...

I will make some changes to improve as recommended...

All the best,

Jayne

0 Likes
Dixiedays
Tourist
5 0 1

Shopdixiedays.com

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3065 177 558

@Dixiedays, you're welcome. If you need any help with the app setups, I will be happy to help.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes