Feedback on my store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I’m having issues with getting sales.  Can you give me feedback on my store please? 

Tice-effect.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
89 9 6

Hi there Tice!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. I took a look over your site and I am more than happy to give thoughts on what you have so far.

Firstly, I want to say that I love your branding - I went through your website and Instagram I definitely get a sense of empowerment. I think you should continue to focus and build on that!

I also noticed that you have added store policies to the footer, and you have included an about and contact section. All of these are key for a store to build trust with their visitors, so it's great you've already included them! I do have a minor suggestion for this, however, in the lens of a consumer. I personally like to see a contact page or an about us page in the header or footer menus. I instinctively go there to look for them, so I feel it may be easier for customer to locate what they're looking for - especially if they're already on a page besides the home page. In addition to that, I often search for the newsletter signup on the footer as well. The way your home page is currently set up feels a little choppy, or out of place. If you weren't interested in creating separate pages for your About us or Contact us pages, alternatively I would suggest displaying those sections side by side, and the newsletter sign up underneath.

If you're interested in adding separate pages, I recommend having a look at these resources:

As for your announcement bar at the top - I think this is a great place to suggest any deals you might have going on, but also a great way to encourage people to sign up for your mailing list, which you're already doing! One thing I could suggest for that, is perhaps enticing your customers to sign up by offering them something. For example, 'sign up for a 10% discount on your next purchase', or even something more general like 'sign up for deals and promotions'. I also thought it might be worth bringing to your attention that when I click on the "Join our mailing list" announcement bar, it redirects me to your new arrivals collection, where I'm not able to join your mailing list. You can choose which page to redirect that bar when clicked or even opt out of the option to redirect anywhere, which might make the process simpler for your visitor to locate the newsletter sign up.

I also really like your logo - it's very chic, and the font suits the tone of a boutique. I would like to comment on the way it's displayed on your website though, as I feel the black background of the logo in contrast with the white background of the store makes it appear more like a picture that was pasted onto the site. I recommend using a white or transparent background for your logo. I understand that the text of your logo is a light pink, so if it makes it harder to see you may consider using a darker shade to make it pop. If you're looking for some inspiration on how to display the logo (and even other parts of your store), I would suggest having a look at our blog that touches on 50 Shopfiy stores that have been successful with their web designs. You might also be interested in checking out our Shopify Academy course on Web Design.

Now, I'd like to touch on what you've been doing for marketing. You shared that you haven't been making very much sales. When you say that, my first question for you would be how many visitors are you seeing in a 30 day period. To see this data, you'll want to head into your Analytics > Overview Dashboard and set the date range from Today to the Last 30 days. Here you'll see how many Online store sessions and visitors your store has had in the last 30 days. I recommend making your first goal to try and reach 1000 online store sessions in 30 days. The reason for this is because it's not expected every single person who arrives to your store will make a purchase the first time. The more traffic you have coming into your store, like higher the likelihood is for you to convert a visitor into a customer. If you're not yet at 1000, don't sweat it! That just means you're going to want to focus more on marketing. You can check out some of our resources to help you develop your marketing strategy:

I've included email marketing specific resources, but I also wanted to touch on Instagram. Instagram is a great way to source traffic into your store. Paid advertising can sometimes be expensive for a business starting out, so if you're looking for an effective and free way to market on Instagram, I would recommend checking out Gary V's $1.80 Instagram Strategy. He explains how you can work towards bringing organic traffic to your store through your Instagram page by engaging with other users online.

My final point is that I also noticed on your account that you have Instagram Shopping enabled - which is fantastic. This makes it easier for customers to browse and purchase your products. One thing I'd like to note is that at least some of your Instagram posts of products, if not all, aren't currently *tagged with your products*. If that is something you are interested in looking into, you can read more here: Adding product tags - Instagram help doc.

There is a lot of information here so I totally understand if you have more questions. If you do, please let me know because I would be happy to answer them.

Kind regards.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions as product images make or break your site. This is going to help tie your site together and build your brand

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now with just having product images. Your homepage can use some more branding work as it have a lot of areas bolded, which does not help

3. Your contact email does not need www on it

4. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non- off white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw had only 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

4. Make a sizing chart page and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

5. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like