Feedback on my store

Tourist
3 0 0

Hey guys,

I launched my store 2 weeks ago, my traffic is increasing everyday to over 100 visitors, however, I have no sales as of yet. I am running FB ads and have been testing with different audiences.

This is my first store and am hoping for some feedback and tips on how to improve my website and bring in the sales!

My website is https://daisydollshop.com/ 

I would really appreciate any advice offered. Thank you!

0 Likes
Excursionist
27 4 8

Congratulations on your store!

I checked it out & it seems you worked well and managed to buld something impressive. Here are some things that I think could be improved:

Product page:

- work on your product description (big one), try to emulate what successful amazon suppliers do. Add some bullet points, try to appeal to a niche and to solve a problem rather than going for a “this is nice” feel. Also try to put longer descriptions.

- the green stars on the pink background are hard to see

- Add a clearly visible buy button

- make your add to cart button more visible

Home page:

- So pink

- improve your search page. Maybe replace the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.

- Another thing you might want to add is an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. You might want to use https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales.

Other:

- add a FAQ page. You can use FAQ Page to load a pre-made template and save yourself some time.

- name & optimize your images, it will improve your SEO and site speed. You can use this app to do so quickly

- improve store SEO by creating content for YouTube, SlideShare and Google.

- Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope these are useful. If you need some help shoot us a message at https://aizca.com/solutions-eng/.

Good luck with your store! 

All the best,

Quentin

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 13

Hey, @Daisy10!

Thanks for reaching out! First off, congratulations on getting visitors to your store. Although they haven't purchased anything yet, you are actively working on customer acquisition which is great to see! I have looked over your store and below I have put together 3 key elements that I think your business can benefit from improving.

• Small Logo - It's hard to make out your logo and the text. Using a logo that is rectangular instead of a square would appear better on this theme. We have a free logo design tool, Hatchful, that will automatically generate logos for you. The best part about the tool is it requires minimal design or technical skills to use.

• The layout of your homepage should be relevant to the time of year and would benefit from having more sections on it. Fashion Nova is an apparel website that does a great job of this on their homepage as they constantly update it as the year progresses. With the winter months approaching you will notice they are actively advertising their jackets and warm weather clothing on the homepage. Using engaging words to encourage people to click on them. (ex, Keep your cool" and "Fall blues"). In your case, you could still advertise your swimsuits by adding a featured collection section onto your homepage and giving it a name such as "Escape The Cold Favourites" or something along those lines. It's important to let your brand stand out on the homepage and give it some character! 

• I would suggest adding an app or two to encourage urgency and action in your store. It helps stop customers from thinking “maybe later” to taking action now. I’ve gone ahead and included a few apps that I highly recommend. I like these ones in particular as they are subtle in their approach and not overly aggressive or spammy looking.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any follow up questions! 

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
488 26 99

Hi @Daisy10 

I just took a look at your store and I think it looks really good. There are just a few minor things that I might consider changing

An important thing I couldn't find is a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

Also I noticed that you don't have social media links. Adding social media for your store can go a long way in fostering a brand

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. Adding a blog to your site would help to increase SEO on your site.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks to you all for taking a look at my site and for all the helpful feedback!

I will get to work on it and be sure to check out the apps you have mentioned :)

Thanks,

Daisy 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
442 19 51

Hey, That's great you are running Facebook campaigns but how do you capture that traffic coming from Facebook ads on your store? Listen ads is not equal to sales. And every eCommerce store owner is following this myth. Ads will only amplify your reach. You need to entice your Facebook traffic to make a purchase at your store. Trust me it's not as difficult as it sounds. You can greet your new visitors by giving them loyalty reward points on their first visit, Or you can aboard them using a welcome push notification/ Email containing a personalized offer. There are tons of other things to enhance the journey of your visitors and convert them into customers. 

For getting more sales and revenue you should more focus on the customer engagement and retention part by giving loyalty reward points (when they sign up, leave a review), web push notification (personalized to the customers), email marketing (workflow automation, AI-enabled emails) , review and ranking (rich snippet which help you to build trust and SEO), chatbot and many other marketing tools for engaging your visitors and convert them into paying customers.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
1 Like
Astronaut
774 48 175

Hey,
If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store still surely, you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. .For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.

2. Add some social links to the footer for better connectivity.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Add some blogs for better clarity.
  5. Also, You have around 30 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://daisydollshop.com/search?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 27 51

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your lovely site and have some feedback for you to consider. You've done so much right, so you should be very proud! Is this your first store? 

Landing Page

• I would suggest that your logo could do with a little work for optimal branding purposes. It's a little unclear what the logo is, and what it is supposed to represent as its quite small. It also could do with a transparent background I reckon. The same thing can be said for the favicon, which is just unclear to your customers. 
  • The stock images (with the swimwear) is a little offseason, right? Unless your target audience is the southern hemisphere, it could be a case that you're advertising the wrong season to your customers, who are more interested in warm jackets than bikinis. Have you considered that maybe your niche is just suffering from a seasonal dip? 
  • There's no information on the business itself on the landing page, no mission statement or brand message. What sets you apart from other businesses? The landing page is the perfect time to introduce yourself to your customers. The About Us then can go into greater detail, introducing the team behind the scenes and your goal as a brand. You can read what makes a great About Us here
  • Why not add some testimonials/reviews on your landing page too? It'd be nice for customers to see that your business has been reviewed by others. This would certainly help with conversions. Have you considered sending free products to people to review?  
  • The social buttons in your footer should open your social media pages in a new window, rather than taking your customers away from your site. 

Can you give me a little more information on how you are approaching your targeted marketing campaigns? Who is your target audience? Have you created some marketing personas for your business

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Daisy10,

I reviewed your store, it's quite good! Here are a few things you might consider changing.

Ads:

For sales, I would suggest identifying your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) first. Without a strong USP, you'll be spending money on ad impressions but see little sales.

For Facebook Advertising, you should first focus on your targeted audience. The audience should be narrow down with targeted location, interest-based group, demographics, etc. Soon you will collect the lookalike audience and can start remarketing as well, and then you can get even better results.

As it's the start of early November and Christmas is around so you can try a festive season campaign with attractive offers, it will be the best choice to gain the attention of your customers.

Logo Design: Logo makes a strong first impression. So for Brand identity, you need a proper logo to represent your business. The logo and its text is very difficult to see on your website.

Structured Data: What I observed that structured data is not effectively implemented, If it's not effectively implemented then it won't help you increase search appearance on SERP.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 28%. It should be above 70%. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

2019-11-07_16-48_PageSpeed Insights.jpg

Product Page: Make your Buy button and cart icon more visible.

Images: Your website images doesn’t look responsive on many devices. Ensure text is user-visible while web fonts are loading.

Create a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales.

I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @Cal ,

Thanks for your reply! 

Yes this is my first store and still have lots to learn. I have added some things you suggested and have taken the logo off for now and will replace with a better design.

I am based in New Zealand so its just coming in to Summer in NZ and Australia so am targeting those countries with the swimwear.

I've added some reviews and updated my about us, so thank you for the tips :)

How would I change the social media links to open a new window rather than leaving my site?

My marketing campaigns could definitely do with a hand as it is very new to me, I have just been testing ad sets. I am thinking to hire an expert to help out with my ads and social media accounts.

Thanks for your help.

Daisy 

0 Likes