Feedback on my store :)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Shopify community,

We are in the process of reviewing our store as (like everyone!) we are keen to maximise our online sales. We have had relatively low traffic but it has been growing bit by bit and we have been getting online sales. Recently our traffic had a big spike due to some product features in Newspaper weekend magazines. This was amazing, but it hasn't converted into sales volumes in the way I might have expected. That itself is quite interesting as both an image of the cufflink and the price were featured, so customers visiting already know a decent amount of information prior to visiting our site.

It would be great to get others views so we can see if our ideas for improvement are on the right track and hear some things that we might not have considered. 

www.alistairr.co.uk

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @AlistairR 

I noticed a few little things on your website. 

Home Page Slideshow Image

I'd rather have a images of say three men smiling wearing your product here. Looks better and gives good feeling to visitor. 

I'd flow the home page like this. 

• Slideshow image 
  • Collection List 
  • Testimonials 
  • 4 x Products 
  • Something interesting 
  • Instagram Feed 

Product Page

I'd change the add to basket button to a color that pops maybe nice shade of blue ? I'd also add reviews and/or testimonials if possible. 

Basket 

I believe you shouldn't have the site set up to say "basket" I'd change it to "cart" just because its a men's product maybe something to test ? 

Overall great job. Your website looks nice. The higher ticket items are always a little harder to sell. I'm sure you will work out what works. It's all a learning curve. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
222 17 64

Hi there,

Your store looks good, I mean it is neat and clean and designwise I like it as well.

But it is quite empty and doesn't tell me what to do one I enter your store.

Perhaps, you might enable accounts and ask users to sign up for the small amount of discount. Asking to subscribe the newsletter is an option as well. But since you sell expensive products and if you are looking forward to get loyal customers, you might find it useful for them to have accounts. Because you will be able set up future campaigns and run a Loyalty programs.

And if you are looking forward to increase the number of products on your store, you can use Wishlist, so the cart abandonment won't show enormous numbers

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks very much for the feedback :) really appreciated and we'll definitely take this all on board with our new updates.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi  Alistair

You have a great site and it's beautiful. There are some things I would tweak and change if you were our client and we were running your marketing. We have a few clients who sell higher end product for their niche and it's all the small details that go the extra mile.

As for the newspaper mentions, PR and newspaper mentions usually don't translate into sales (at least right aways). Those help you build a brand and get on people's radar but don't drive sales at your price point. You will need to look at paid ads or SEO to drive sales in the short and long run.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as the images don't blend into your site as smoothly as they could. You can see the edges and that can be distracting for people. The images are fine, they just need to blend into your site more

2. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

3. Make sure there is an even amount of product on each row. Having 3 product on one row and 4 on another makes your site look less professional. All the small details matter at this point if you want someone to drop £180+. This is something on all your collection pages. I would maybe stick with 3 products / row and make the images a bit bigger too. Also have everyone align in the center will help

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Mini videos could be interesting to test with a high value product and see if that gets more people to buy. Use video to sell the lifestyle

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1690 105 367

Hey Alistairr.

Traffic has arrived, which means the store is interesting to visit. But at the same time, lagging some features might result in low sales and conversion rates.  So, store optimization is needed. Some of the good suggestions for it are as follows;

1. Favicon is Shopify symbol itself, kindly change it to something unique.
  2. A login/sign-in account should be added for eCommerce purposes.
  3.  Add best sellers and discounts on the home page for better customer-centricity.
  4. I would strongly recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.
  5. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope that this feedback help you get more and more sales.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @AlistairR 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

You might consider adding an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

You might consider adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes