Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello everyone. I have recently moved from wordpress to shopify. I love my product and am trying to share my passion for plants through my shopify website. I would really appreciate any feedback on the look and feel of my site, the shopability, seo, and everything else. Im having trouble at the moment linking my site to google shopping.

I appreciate any feed back.

www.andysairplants.co.uk

Kind regards.

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

I must add.. im in the UK.

Kind regards.

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1237 72 261

Hey Andysairplants,

Overall, the theme of the store looks great in white and green, but slight mistakes can drive away traffic and sales. So, look into the below-mentioned points to improve your site and make it look even better:

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  2. Add customer reviews below each product for better customer decision making.
  3. Add Instagram images for brand promotion.
  4. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  5. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

Hope your store always remains evergreen in terms of sales and conversions.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Great site. I love air plants myself.

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Andy! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks great and you definitely have a good knowledge of the air plants niche, which is great for conversion rate - people can feel they can trust your authority on the subject. The product descriptions are unique and can clearly show you are passionate about each plant, which is fantastic. I like the Latin names - however, consider using also common names for each plant. You'd need to think about how your customers might think when searching for air plants in Google - they might now know the exact Latin name of the plant they want to buy and could use a common name. Often if they misspell the Latin name they might not find you at all. I recommend optimizing your product titles for Google and SEO - see how other plant stores do - they often have a common name along with the Latin name when writing titles. Hope it helps!

Here are a few links that might help:

How to SEO optimize your Shopify store [42 point checklist]:https://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-seo-checklist/

How to drive more free traffic to your website: https://youtu.be/2O2y00jRa6U 

No #1 reason your store is not converting: https://youtu.be/mV2kCrtVLkc 

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

1 Like

Hi Andy

You should either us the Shopify integration for Google Merchant Center or use one of the other shopping app in the Shopify App Store. Either one will make sure all your SKU information, including links to product images, are send to Google Merchant Centre. This will help you get up and running on Google Shopping.  You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Homepage Feedback

1. Slider / Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Your customer reviews section blends into the page. I would look to make it pop and stand out on the page. Having it be the same colour as the other sections and text on the page makes it blend in to much
    3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together and make it look consistent

4. You don't need to have you contact and about link in your main menu if you have them in your footer. They should just be in your footer
    5. I would make your contact email your domain name as it looks more professional

6. Consider adding a Featured Plant Product section on the homepage (i.e. Plant Of The Month). Pick one plant  and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Why they should buy that plant for their home? You have some feature type plant section on your homepage but I feel it could be better

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for the great suggestions and most seem relevance to my store except I don't sell plants. And I'm try to avoid Google, they have burned me many times. And when you call customer service, besides the magor language barrier, they just say "oh well to bad, were right your wrong " and hang up on you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
742 31 95

Firstly, I congratulate you for coming up with such an ingenious idea. Really you have a wonderful store. You need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term. You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features.

One of the most popular Shopify apps which you can try out to achieve the above goals Aitrillion.com

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you very much for the advice Neha, im very grateful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Lots of info there thank you very much for your help and advice Maggie. I will have a look at those links.

0 Likes