Feedback on my store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

I am hoping to get feedback on my store. teaplace.com.au 

I have had the website up for just over a month but struggling to get many conversions. 

Any feedback is welcome. 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1057 63 227

Hey Teaplace,

The logo is beautiful and matches the tea theme, but the font size of the text should be larger to make it clearly visible. Coming forward, some other points to be noticed are:

1. Favicon is missing, which is very important.
  2. Add a bestsellers section, apart from the super blend and everyday tea section. 
  3. Adding social links will enhance connectivity.
  4. Terms and conditions should be added as they help in building search engine content. 
  5.  Add customer reviews below the products for improving customer choice.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

Hope your store gets a lot of conversions very soon.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
9 0 0

Hi Tea Place Aus,

After  spending 2- 3 minutes on your I found issues that need to be solved to increase the User experience. There are unwanted space on the website please see the attached image. This contacts us link is not properly working. Please go through with the link:- https://teaplace.com.au/pages/contact-us and scroll down. you will see the bug and error. There are many more issues 
Please connect me on skype:- (qureshi.imran944) for further discussion.
Everyday teas – Tea Place Australia.pngTea Place Australia.png

Thanks and Regards
Imran

0 Likes

Hey! The home page looks super good btw.

Navigation is clean and simple.

I think most of the issues are around marketing the Product pages and social product post.

On-site Product Page

- Add more to the description, 

"An elegant Sri Lankan organic black tea with delights of citrus bergamot oil. 

Brew these organic leaves for at least 5 minutes. "

- Perhaps leave a couple of paragraphs explaining why I would get this vs other teas?

- How does it taste? 

Social Post

- 1 out of 5 of your post talk about products + benefits and the rest seem to be discounts, you have to flip that ratio

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 6.58.03 PM.png

- This post is super well done but maybe highlight the benefits of this specific tea

- Honestly you have great pictures, you should take the same product from 10+ angles and just repost your entire collection weekly to build more engagement

- Link your social post directly back to products so it's easier for customers to check out the website! (Don't ask them to check your descriptions because that will be a generic product page)

- PS: Sorry, I couldn't find the Instagram page from the Homepage

Working on...
1. Product Lens (App that helps the middle of the funnel marketing)
2. Strategy + Tactics: Marketing Blog
3. Want store feedback? Try this free tool (You gotta give to receive)
4. 60-day SEO email course
5. FB Marketing 102 email newsletter
1 Like

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Great looking store and it looks very authentic. One SEO suggestion - I noticed your product titles are very generic:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.18.20.png

'Erl grey tea' is an incredibly competitive keyword. Have a look at page #1 in Google 

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.24.12.png

over 75 million search results with major brands like Twinnings, Whittard etc. hogging the main spots. It will be really difficult for a brand new store to get anywhere near page #1 for this search.

What you should do instead, is to focus on a less competitive keyword that will give you a much bigger chance of getting to the top. You can find this keyword by doing complete keyword research. A much better phrase would be: "loose earl grey tea" or "earl grey tea Australia". Make sure it's more specific and has a decent monthly search volume as well. Once you find the set of keywords, you can use them to optimize your website content and start ranking for them in Google. If you're not sure how to do keyword research, let me know and I'd be happy to help. 

Pages - make sure to add larger margins to your page template [or use 'page' template instead of 'wide.page', which should do the trick]. Otherwise the left tab overlaps the text on the left which affects your user-experience:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.32.44.png

Footer - consider adding a navigation menu here as well. It’s a great way to improve your user-experience [part of SEO], so people can navigate your website smoothly without the need to scroll up and down all the time.

Consider adding more trust signals, such as: Returns policy and Shipping policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and easy to find on the website, before committing to buy. You can add these policies to your footer menu - people often expect to find this information there.

Return policy - include here info on how long is your returns policy, how can people return their items, can they return used products, how will you deal with items lost in the post etc. See How to write a returns policy [with examples].

Your SEO score is 44/100

Your meta title and meta descriptions [Google snippets] are not defined:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.40.40.png

Your meta title is your brand name and meta description is “Organic loose leaf tea sealed fresh”, however it doesn’t say which problem you’re fixing, which is a missed opportunity. Consider focusing on the benefits you offer, and not on the product features - that’s a great approach when writing copy that sells. 

Make good use of the full character allowance in your meta description [160 characters] to make your listings stand out with an offer and call to action. This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

You are missing vital H1 tag and H3 tag has exposed code {{title}}:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.44.05.png

H tags are really important for Google, so make sure to optimize them with your target keywords. Ideally, you’d want to start with H1 tag and then H2-H3-H4 and so on.

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.45.53.png

That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.46.56.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will results with tons of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy 

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

1 Like

Spent some time living down in Melbourne and miss my time there. Also work with brands down there... so it's always nice to see people pop up on here form Australia. Here is my feedback based on my experience.

Homepage Feedback

1. I understand why you picked the rolling hills image but it does not tell people you sell tea. You want this image to get across what you sell and show off your brand. I would change this.

2. I would ditch the black background on the homepage and make it white to help your product images pop off the page. When I hover over your product images, I get that beautiful image of tea in a bowl. That should be your main product image instead.. I think it has a bigger wow factor when you look at teas like the Acai Berry Tea that has tons of colours in it

3. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, contact us, FAQ, and shipping policy and not have them in the main menu. This frees up the space and makes your main menu look less cluttered

4. Beyond making your background white, I would work on your colour choices and the branding for your store. It's not as strong as it could be and the colours don't mesh as well as they could. It's a very dark store which I don't think works as well for a tea brand

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Tea Of The Month). Pick one tea product and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Tell them why they need to buy it and have it at home or in the office

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Excursionist
4 1 0

Hi TeaPlaceAus

Have you thought about using Klarna as a paylater option? Klarna will increase both traffic and sales to your online store. The best part is you get paid straight away and we take all of the risk. 

0 Likes