Hello Friends. I just launched my store about a week ago (I know crazy timing) but I figured now would be a good time to test the waters, try to build my customer base and then expand once we are all in a better place globally. That said, I have been getting quite a bit of traffic in my store, today as many as 50+ visitors but no sales. I have a small amount of inventory and have reduced the prices but I would love to get some additional feedback from the experts on what I can improve. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Hey @NJE, here are some suggestions:-
1. You should add slider images in the first fold of the homepage with a call to action button on it like 'SHOP NOW', 'CLICK HERE'.
2. Display testimonials on the homepage.
3. If you have visitors but no sales, you should add some marketing tools in your store to entice your customers. You can add a loyalty reward program.
You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
Add a referral program- Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
To implement these marketing tools in your store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. You can check it out.
I have few suggestions for you here:
- Include your categories in the main navigation. It can be very helpful for 1st time visitors: they will be aware of what your store has to offer. I'd recommend instead of 'Shop', show 'Mink Lashes', 'Accessories+' and 'Lippies'. Shipping can be linked in the footer navigation.
- Fill in your image, otherwise, the store look like under construction:
- The banner for lippies is cut off and it doesn't show the product properly:
- The image for accessories banner doesn't really have high quality, it's a bit blurry and should be shinier to attract attention.
- I highly recommend you produce some more images in use context, for example: someone who wears mink lashes. People tends to respond more positively with such images
- The image background of the pop-up isn't very good for readability
- I hope you might consider accordion to display your information for more organized look and your customers can find the Q&A easier.
- As you are offering sale on some items, you might add countdown timer towards the time when offer ends to add a bit of urgency
Hope those ideas can be helpful. I've gotta leave now. But if you have more questions on other page types, you can leave your question in this topic, I'll be sure to answer :)
"It is a clear myth that your website will convert well if you are experiencing some visitor count". A high traffic website does not guarantee good conversions unless and until it is being maintained properly. Hence, "Store improvement" is a must in the to-do-list of things to be done to gain conversions.
I hope that the store's capability of converting visitors to customers increases shortly.
I just had a look at your website. Good work! below are some of my thoughts:
Sticky Header: To give a better navigation experience to the user you can create sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. Also, reduce the header height, it should be less.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Featured Images: The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Use good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention.
Product Page: Product description formatting could be more organized. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information.
Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision.
Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is 33. It should be 65-70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.
Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating.
Social Media: Integrating more social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages for your business helps to reach more customers. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users.
I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!