Congratulations on your store and looks that you've worked hard on setting up the store! Apparently, you have chosen the right time to set up your shop for your customers.
Here are a few suggestions in order to improve your store.
- Add at least 2-3 appealing banner images. The banner image helps the visitor to go through the offers, on sale products, etc.
- Below the banner images, you can start with the section of featured products. More sections that can be added are bestsellers, recommended products, on sale products.
- Impressed to see uniformity in the product images, a little more effective design can make your store really attractive.
- An option of adding Instagram feed can help your store reflect your Instagram posts.
- Add about us page. It's very important to create about us page as it lets a visitor know about you and your business. Helps to build trust level. Add shipping policy in the footer.
- The overall design of the homepage can make the store more beautiful.
- Make your social media presence on Instagram as well and add the icons in the footer.
In case you don't understand any point, you can go through this blog: http://bit.ly/2GPJ8Ie or reach out to me.
I suggest you invest more in product images. Clothes are described the best while being worn on human. Your store lacks this important type of product images, which makes it look boring and inattractive.
If existing images are not available, consider hiring models, or BE a model, and take high quality product images.
Each product should include at least 3 types of images:
- In-scale image: The item on a model, ideally with the sizes (weight, height. chest, etc) of the model.
- Feature-highlight image: Images that zoom into the items' fabric material.
- Images from many angles: Take images of the products from many different angle.
On homepage where you display products as collection, add secondary hover image. This allows people to quickly take a closer look into each item and make quick evaluation.
Hyde here from Shopify.
Great work on your store so far! The common element of many stores is that they underestimate the importance of content. Content, after all, is your brand's voice.
To build a brand you should look at having:
There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.
And some great examples of visual identities here.
All this information will help you craft your brand's message which is going to be a big help when it comes time to create your about page. This is an essential page on any e-commerce store. It helps customers understand who you are, what you care about and why they should trust you.
Using your mission statement you can combine this with your visual identity to craft a page that appeals to your target customer. Check out some great examples of About pages here:
Life is Good show the backstory behind their brand, their history and lets their customers know who they are!
They also show their mission statement to be uplifting and positive whilst encouraging their customers to engage with them on social media using the hashtag #thisisoptimism.
Johnny Cupcakes shows the roots of his brand and what drove him to create it. This personal story about seeing his parents struggle inspiring him to be an entrepreneur and his own struggle with learning difficulties speaks to his audience.
With your about page ready, your product titles and descriptions on point, you’ll have experience writing and also know your target audience so you could start looking at creating content e.g. blog posts for your audience. Writing blog content around your business, your niche and also your products such as:
*Creating good content gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site for more*.
There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here.
You can use your content to help build your social media perhaps by using:
To sum it up:
- Build a Brand Identity
- Use it to Build Content
- Promote that Content
- Use it to Attract New Customers and Re-Engage Existing ones.
I hope this all helps.
All the best, Hyde
Hey @wilsonsworkwear, here is the feedback for your store:-
1. On the homepage, you can give product recommendations by personalizing the consumer shopping experience through gathered data, you can give better suggestions to your customers, which will then increase the likelihood that your customers will purchase a suggested product. It should like 'NEW ARRIVALS', 'BEST SELLERS'.
2. Add a 'ADD TO CART' button below the products.
3. You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retains the customers for the long term.
4. Add web push notification to retarget your visitors even when they are not on your store.
To implement this you can install AiTrillion.com. It is a fully integrated app and with automation, you can track each and every activity of your customers and send push notification in real-time which will result in sales. It is an all in one Shopify app. You can check it out.