Hey Shopify Community!
My Website has migrated onto Shopify. Been here a month and am loving it! I know I still have a lot of work to do but I'd appreciate some neutral opinions. Sometimes we get bogged down in the detail and can't see the wood for the trees. So fresh eyes would be fabulous. Thanks y'all. Keep well. Have a nice weekend. www.ambersos.com
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Hope you are doing well.
What a delight it was to stumble upom your store. You have a beautiful store and a lovely collection! The layout is clean and easy to navigate. Congratulations! You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks you will be able to reach your desired results in no time!
I have a few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you.
1. Hero images: Stick to one rather than the rotating carousel. It’s going by so fast that if I think I may be interested, it’s gone. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.
2. Header - Have a sticky header and a clear search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
3. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
4. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose - Superbar
6. Social media - "Linked In and Twitter" both are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Hence, should be added to the site footer.
7. Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store. Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products or who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well.
And as for urgency - For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.
If you thought my suggestions helped you please "like" and accept solution.