Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

I just had a Shopify designer update my website https://goddesshouseofglam.com/ Can I please get feedback? I started a new business last month and sales have been really slow. I posted my site on here about a week ago and received good feedback which I ended up hiring an expert to assist with designing the site. It was completed today and I would love feedback to see if there is anything else I may need to get sales and traffic to the site. 

Thank You I really appreciate it

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 51 97

Hi @Glamgoddess,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on getting started and welcome to the platform!

The design is lovely, but your brand is obviously about more than the design of the website - it's about your message, your mission, your meaningful contribution to your customer's world.

With that in mind, you want to have a look at your mission statement and what you want to offer your customers. At the moment you're simply telling customers that you offer jewelry and accessories to help them find a style.

20-08-zq7aw-xzxc2

That is what most jewelry and fashion brands do though! You will want to find what is unique about your brand and communicate it to the world. So I'd suggest ensuring you've clearly defined your brand's purpose.

There's a fantastic book called "Zag" by Marty Neumeier, that I cannot recommend highly enough. I'd strongly advise you to read it. In it, he outlines great methods of whittling down your brand's purpose. I'm going to borrow from this book to give you an idea of where you might start:

1. A brand is not your logo, or your website, or your content. It is your reputation with your clients. It is what your customers think of you. It's the passion they associate with you.

Therefore the first idea with a new brand is to reverse engineer this, by trying to determine what it is exactly that you want your customers to think and feel about your brand. The passion for your underlying brand.  So I'd like you to outline a faux "obituary".

Marty uses a pretend new wine bar as an example:

20-07-1yq60-i3llw

2. You now need to whittle this down to a core purpose. This is the fundamental reason your brand will exist beyond making money.

Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy".  The fake wine bar purpose might be: To bring people together through wine education. That's 7 words. Try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words, and we've got your core passion.

3. What's your vision?

Our example wine bar's vision might be a bar (or bars) that has a hundred wines from around the world, all available by the glass, in a constantly changing menu. They see happy groups of people learning about wine, talking about wine, and swapping stories about food, travel, and cultures they've experienced.

What community do you see your new brand forming? What contribution is it making to the world?

4. You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors.

Right now, because of the broadness of your mission statement, it sounds like you're competing with larger fashion markets by offering products that are affordable and trendy. There will always be another business that is offering more affordable and trendy items, so using that as your selling point is a losing battle.

Instead, please complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Here are some examples:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

OUR PRETEND WINE BAR

What: The ONLY chain of wine bars
How: That builds community around education
Who: for men and women of drinking age
Where: in cities and progressive towns
Why: who want to learn more about wine
When: in an era of cultural awakening.

You see you can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.

I think this is a great starting point, but there's plenty more that we can then look at to define the branding, the content, the community outreach, and the strategy.

You know your potential customers, the context, and the hook better than anyone else, it's just a question of uncovering it.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 1 4

Welcome to the shopify family.

Visited your store, you are doing well but there are so many much elements which you need to keep in mind so that your store will earn more profit and the customers will also get satisfied like Shoppers are going online just to research and then complete the purchase in person. This is especially true for millennials, as they tend to research online before purchasing in a store.

This makes it incredibly helpful to see which local stores have products in stock.

I also want to tell you about the application Descrii, description generator.

Product description yielded by Descrii are seamless like those written by Human Copywriters and rich to highlight important features.

Hope you like it. Link is here -

https://bit.ly/descrii-premium

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
330 13 66

Hi @Glamgoddess welcome to Shopify family 

Hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really pretty collection of dresses there.

After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:

1. I would suggest a good logo on your website because logos are the foundation of your brand identity and make a strong first impression. Adding a background theme, or having a simple web design can boost your revenue growth as well as conversion rates. Studies show that users will judge websites as beautiful or not within 1/50th to 1/20th of a second. So a simple intuitive design would be a good way.
2. In
 your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target-oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
6. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase

I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes