Feedback on my store

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hey guys!

So I've been selling my stuff on Etsy, somewhat successfully, for the past couple of months.

I've decided to start a Shopify store as well because I'd love to add more to the blog section and really engage with my customers there. But, my conversion rate so far is absolutely rubbish ahah. (0,92% compared to Etsy 3,8% over a 4 months period)

I know that Etsy brings a lot of traffic so I can't compare engagement on both sites but still. I'm starting to wonder what might be wrong with my Shopify store.

If anybody cares to take a look it's called Slowmoe and it's a slow living/ eco shop offering homemade textile goods.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
303 33 101

Hi @CindyLepage

Have seen your store and in my opinion, it's a beautiful store.

At first, I will talk about what I love:

- Background colors: they look very fittable. 

- Your products: very beautiful. 

- Your homepage layout is good. 

Here are some suggestions for you:

- You can try to show all the picture. Now, I cannot see your products through the banners. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1600913907847.png

- You can try to add Quickview buttons on your products to allow customers to see more product details faster. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1600913861144.png

- When I click on an Add To Cart button, I will be redirected to Checkout page like this. You can add the "Continue" button beside the "Checkout" button. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1600914176745.png

- Did you try any discount events? I think you should use multiple events in different times. 

- I see this gallery at the end of the homepage, it's beautiful. But I also see your Instagram account, so instead of the basic gallery, you can try to create an Instagram gallery. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1600914399843.png

You can check this app: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It also can help you create a shoppable gallery. It's free, so don't hesitate to try. 

Here is my view and hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
239 9 71

Hey there @CindyLepage Here's what I'd like to suggest you - 

1. I guess you forgot to add a favicon to your store! 

2. Product images are quite big .. try and reduce the image size to make it look clean. 

3. You can also add some effects to your product images like as soon as I move my cursor to the image, it bursts open or zooms in smoothly. This will add up to good user experience. 

I'm from CedCommerce - a group of tech enthusiasts who are always there to add wings to your Shopify store!

From customizations in your store to making customized apps, and help you in selling on more than 60+ global marketplaces!

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey! 

It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce! 

Ps. We're just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give me this very insightful feedback.

I will definitely look into all of your advices! I have very basic coding skills so even just adding the add to cart button was a journey ahaha. I'll try and optimize that and add that "keep shopping" button on my cart page.

And will definitely do some promo events. I just started the newsletter thing and using mailchimp as well.

Thank you so much, it's really appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
208 36 134

Hey there, @CindyLepage!  

It can be frustrating when you move over from Etsy. The good news is that unlike Etsy, you have so much control over your business growth. AND you now have capabilities to learn so much more about your visitors.

Let’s dive right in.

Homepage

• You need to add a favicon!
  • Announcement bar/banner: Make sure it’s linked, and I would highlight $50 in a different color. The red on pink doesn’t stand out very much.
  • Hero image: In general, it’s best to stick with one hero image. Rotating carousels sound great, but they aren’t very effective. Use a click heatmap, which shows you where people click, to see which one of your images is most effective. You have great photography though, and I enjoy the quality of your images. Great job!
  • “Bring meaningful change to your lifestyle…” - I like the general idea you’re going for here. However, this is a block of text in prime real estate on your homepage. I would either remove it to a different page (like an FAQ) or cut it down to a few short sentences at most. I would also suggest running a poll to ask your visitors why they are looking for reusable products - environment? Cost effective? Healthier? Handmade? That’s going to help you reframe your text to better address their wants and needs.
  • Overall, I would start by using a scroll heatmap to evaluate how far people scroll on your homepage. Then switch to a click heatmap to see where they are clicking - are they using your homepage or main navigation? I would highly suggest adding a collection list under your hero image to help people navigate to a specific product or collection.

Footer

• Blog: It’s not linked correctly! I see a blog post on your homepage, but it doesn’t appear to be connected right now. 
  • Shipping and returns: Great job including shipping costs for US and Canadian orders; there are some grammar and formatting errors. For example, instead of 7.50$ CAD, it should be CA$7.50. 
  • Contact us: I would add a blurb with your phone number, email address (linked) and business hours. Include a welcoming message to encourage contact! For the form itself, simplify it. You just need Name, Email Address and Message. The rest are unnecessary and may even sway people to leave without contacting you.

Main Navigation

• You did a great job limiting your main navigation from being overwhelmed. That’s hard to do sometimes! 
  • Use your click heatmap to evaluate where your visitors are clicking. While you’ve done a great job keeping your main navigation from being overloaded, there’s room to change it up. Some pages, like Blog or Shipping and returns, will likely be able to live in the footer rather than the main navigation. That is, unless they are getting a lot of clicks from your visitors.
  • I would expand out your collections. Especially since you really only have three collections (kitchen, personal care and face masks), you could easily expand that out. It’s typically recommended that you should strive for visitors to get to their product within 5 clicks; some say even as low as 3 clicks. Expanding out the collections will help them jump directly to the products they are interested in.
  • I would highly suggest watching session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website. You’ll be able to see how people move around your website and navigate to the products. 

Collection Page

For reference, I’m on the sustainable kitchen page.

• Add filters for use; you don’t have a larger number of products, it will help as you grow your business. I would add filters for use (i.e., bowl covers, sandwich bags, sponge), color, price, etc.
  • I would make the “Sold Out” note a little more obvious. It’s easy to miss if you’re just browsing. 

Product Page

For reference, I’m on the Unsponge - Set of 2 set. 

• There’s very little I would change here! You’ve done a great job.
  • I would compare your products to a common product, like a blank credit card or a piece of paper. It would be helpful to your visitors to show the size of your products in relation to other household items. 
  • Include information here about shipping. I would put it between the price and quantity. You’ll want to include that link so that people can understand what they’re going to spend in shipping costs before they go to check out.

I know it may sound like a lot, but you are on such a fantastic track here. You’re doing so well, and I believe that when you use visitor behavior to understand why more people aren’t converting, you’ll keep customers happier and increase sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Your store has a wide variety of textile goods. If you already have some success and built an initial customer base you may want to consider mail-in marketing to promote your brand further. You may look at this post, it may be useful. 

-Hygidots

Hygidots
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
562 11 156

Hi @CindyLepage !

Welcome to Shopify!

I love your logo, - the font of it is very interesting.

OMG, you have the cutest shop in this Shopify world! I looooove it soooo much!

Very stylish, eye-catchy and pleasant.

Add a favicon

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes