Feedback on my store

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, everyone! 

I would like some feedback on my store

Link: https://dollarshopus.com

We get about 30 visitors in a day but no sales.

We would like some feedback and some tips on how to make a better store.

Best regards, Ryan!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ryan105 

This is PageFly. I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment.

Add a favicon to your store.

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add...

1. Homepage

1.1 Add a call to action button on the image banner of the slideshow

d0llarshop 2020-10-25 18-39-39.png

You have 2 banner images on the slideshow but none of them has a call to action button, it's not good. 

• A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.
  • Review all image banners to make sure they have high quality.

1.2 Restructure the layout

d0llarshop 2020-10-25 18-42-56.png

So you display your store's collections, that's good because customers can see a wide range of products provided without spending time to find out. But I recommend you should put these collections separately from the slideshow and give them a name, for example, "Our Collections", etc

Because under 8 collections, you display many products of the Tech collections and there's no heading too, this makes customers confused when they first visit your home page.

1.3 Add more customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop!

I see that you have only 1 review so I recommend you can add more. You can check the available testimonial element here, just drag and drop it and you can edit as you want. 

So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page.

1.4 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I also notice that you put your store's social media on the footer but it is less attractive, therefore I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

You can consult my store home page here if you want to have more ideas.

1.5 Adding direct links for the "Return Policies" And "Shipping Infor" on the footer

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is important because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

2. Product page

I take this page for example https://dollarshopus.com/collections/tech/products/earbuds

2.1  Add more 3-5 images from multiple angles

Showing a product from multiple angles helps customers have a full understanding as if they are checking and looking at it in person. Each angle must be unique and show new information of your product, this encourages customers to take action and increase more trust as well.

2.2 Use color swatches as the selector for the color variants

Color is basic and important to be a variant of a product. By giving customers visible colors, they don't have to wonder or even find because some customers just focus on the image and they see only one color you provide there.

Sometimes, the drop-down menu showing the color is not a good choice because customers have to spend time to compare because they have to choose one by one without having full color shown, so I recommend you can add color swatches as the selector, they can be image thumbnails or simple be representations of the color themselves.

2.3 Review the product description

Earbuds – d0llarshop 2020-10-25 19-03-19.png

Technical information needs to be presented clearly so you should put them as bullet points and block of text. And you can highlight the important phrases. 

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

In the holiday season such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc, I prepared a master guide with unique marketing tips and some checklists to help to most out of those holidays.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Ryan105,

Here in Canada (I believe the USA does as well), we have stores called "Dollarama" and "Dollar Tree". At Dollar Tree all products are $1.25. At Dollarama they start at $1 and go up to about $3.50. I say that because your domain name had me thinking I was going to a store priced in a certain way and then I checked out your products and I realized I was wrong. Just a heads up for your Canadian/USA audience that you may have a high bounce rate because your store isn't what they thought it was.

You are offering a wide range of products on your website, you have masks, beauty, electronics, kitchen gadgets, sports and more. The issue here is that you are going to have a really hard time with advertising. I would definitely recommend niching down. For example, if you were to only sell sports products, then it would transform your social media posts, your website design and your ads. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please consider niching down and check out our video on how to do SEO so that you are reaching your intended audience:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, thanks for the advice!

How many products should we sell and what categories? We had an idea to delete some categories and leave only 3 categories: Home and garden, accessories and tech. Are those good categories to leave?

DollarShop.

0 Likes