Hey y’all. My store has been up for a little over a year and a few months. Whew. However, I am not really getting the conversions I want. I’ve had so much traffic but very very little conversion. Any tips, tricks, and or recommendations will help!
link is below!
Having high traffic and low conversions is frustrating, hopefully I can shed some light on why this may be happening.
The images on your product page are very small. It looks more like a checkout than a product page. You want your visitors to be able to see your products clearly upon first glance so I'd recommend changing that page so that the images are larger and I would add collections - Millwright, Firefighter, Electrician and etc. That way a person can find what they are looking for right away.
Also, that main product image should have a consistent background across the board. You can use different backgrounds for additional product images but they should all be the same for the first image, it makes it look more professional.
My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
My last recommendation is to get creative with your marketing. Get on TikTok, wear one of your hats and do a creative video on things Millwrights do, or things Millwrights say or inside jokes that only Millwrights would understand. Switch out the hat and do the same for Firefighters, Electricians and etc.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
It's really nice that your store brought me a calm feeling, but more things can be done to improve the conversion, I have some ideas here:
- State your unique selling points in the hero banner: it's a bit lack of information here. I can guess that you're selling hat but not quite sure. Above-the-fold area is very important as everyone lands on your home page will see it, which creates the first impression and it's the reason for visitors to scroll down more or not.
My suggestion: Instead of just writing: 'American Blue Collar Co.', try something like "PROUD to wear the career fields that built America"
You might use a slideshow that include images of hat, beanie and stickers.
- Display one of your best products or products from one collections: so your visitors can estimate the product price and know if they are affordable; also it's the chance for your visitors to see more of your products and the chance for you to impress them.
- This part is unclickable:
For your product listing pages like https://american-bluecollar.com/collections/american-blue-collar-gear-1
- As @EcomGeeks has mentioned, it's better if you can use grid view rather than list view like you have now, it's good for visually-driven products
- Also, when you have grid view, I'd recommend you create hovering image for the product image or image magnifier so the visitors can better evaluate the products from the list
About your product page like this https://american-bluecollar.com/collections/american-blue-collar-gear-1/products/camo-blue-collar-po...
- I'd recommend you provides more product images, 1 image is not enough for shoppers, they usually heavily depends on visual to evaluate the product quality
- You can test with some social proof (review and rating apps) here as well
About cart page:
- I highly recommend you replace the buttons of paying methods here with a sentence like ShopPay, ApplePay, etc are available at checkout. All 4 colorful buttons can be quite confusing for shoppers, as they are all equally eye-catching, you should have only 1 primary button there to guide shoppers
I hope those ideas can be useful for you to experiment. If they are, please give me a 'like'
Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day!
Hello @Tmcmillen02, I hope you are doing good! you should make your store professional. Here are some suggestions:
- Add a footer menu.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
To add new, trending, recently viewed products you can install AiTrillion and simply enable product recommendations.
- Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers.
- Add a discount popup. Give rewards to your customers.
- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hey, so I went ahead and did this quick audit of things that I think you should do/change on your store to improve conversions. Some of these tactics could literally double your conversion rates ASAP