Feedback on my store

JD48
1 0 1

https://jdjewellery.ie

Hi, I am totally new to shopify and basically all technology but thought I would give myself a challenge through lockdown. I have spent endless hours working on this and am getting lots of traffic to my store but no sales. I would love some feedback on my store please.

Hi @JD48 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have some recommendations below

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add the CTA button on the banner imageStatement Jewellery – JD Jewellery 2021-02-24 07-53-53.png

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

1.3 Add a section to introduce your storeStatement Jewellery – JD Jewellery 2021-02-24 07-56-10.png

There is a section with a huge blank space, I recommend you should add more content here to introduce your store. 

1.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can use this section to show testimonial

Statement Jewellery – JD Jewellery 2021-02-24 08-00-00.png

Let's consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.png

1.5 Show some featured products

It's not enough if you just show the store's collections. I highly recommend you should show highlight/ featured products so customers will have a general view of them. Let's check my template

Stella – PageFly 2021-02-24 08-05-43.png

1.6 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

1.7 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://jdjewellery.ie/collections/delicate-pieces

2.1 Using Grid view instead of the List view

Delicate pieces – JD Jewellery 2021-02-24 08-09-43.png

A lot of blanks here are not good.

Normally, a List view like this is often applied for technology products that need to show product specs such as laptops, computers, cameras. In this case, you should use the Grid view. 

2.2 Add a secondary hover image on each product image

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

2.3 Use the Load more button instead of PaginationDelicate pieces – JD Jewellery 2021-02-24 08-16-15.png

Instead of switching to many pages, go and back, you can replace the pagination with a Load more button. Therefore, customers do not have to change too many pages to see all products, they can press the Load more button to see all products on 1 page. This helps customers easily compare many products and see the wide range of your collection.

2.4 Add star ratings for each product

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to add rating stars because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2394 140 431

Hello @JD48Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- You should make your store aesthetically appealing and professional enough to grab visitors' attention and gain their trust so they make a purchase.

- Add a call to action in the first fold of the homepage. 

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

- Add a sales motivator bar to encourage people to make more purchases.

- Add reviews to increase the brand's credibility.

- Display the collection page in a grid view.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Dear @JD48 

Congratulations on your store!

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• At header

Jdheader.png

• Improve speed for mobile

jdjwellryspeed.png

• At footer: Remove Powered by Shopify text, Add social profiles
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Add Trust Badge and Highlight your USP
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page
  • Improve your social proof
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button,Sticky cart
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Add video of product at product page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification with discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
  • Optimize your store for SEO

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes