Feedback on my store

Solved
Celebritygiftco
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi

We're getting a lot of visitors to our website but very few sales.  I would appreciate any feedback or any improvement recommendations.

www.thecelebritygiftcompany.com

Thank You

Karen

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
265 47 161

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Celebritygiftco!  

First off, I really enjoyed browsing your site. I’m a big Elvis fan and enjoyed browsing through that collection!

I’d set a time delay trigger for people to sign up for updates until they’ve had a chance to browse your site. It’s likely to get dismissed by visitors who haven’t even had a chance to see if they’re interested in your products yet. If you can set a trigger so it opens when people have scrolled down the page or if after they’ve been on the site for 30 seconds or more, you might have more people to opt in. 

Your main navigation at the top of the site is a very important place to highlight your merchandise. For that reason, I always recommend moving “About Us” down to your footer. People are less likely to engage with that content and more likely to engage with your products. You can always validate this assumption using a dynamic heatmap tool like Lucky Orange, which provides a visual overlay of how many visitors clicked on elements of your site. 

Another valuable piece of real estate on your site is your announcements bar. Instead of focusing on a welcome message and your physical store location, I’d highlight a special offer or new or popular merchandise. 

I’d also test out getting rid of Christmas and Collectables as navigation items and instead showcasing the collections instead. I noticed your collections are a mix of specific characters and artists and categories, like stationery, toys, and house and home. It might be easier for your shoppers to navigate if you organized by character/artist instead of also having this merchandise under different categories. 

I was going to suggest you add live chat to your site since it’s a  great way to see what users prefer is to ask them directly how they want to navigate your site either through live chat or a poll on your site. I didn’t realize it was available since there is a rating pop up covering up your live chat icon. In addition to live chat, you can also use a survey or poll to ask shoppers if they were able to find what they were shopping for easily. Lucky Orange offers trigger-based polls and live chat that allow you to engage the user at the right time, such as after they get to a certain page or if they’re a returning visitor. 

One consideration for your hero image carousel is to show off some of the actual merchandise your customers can purchase instead of just an image of Betty Boop, Disneyworld or The King. Focus on items that have good margin and represent the average price point of items on your site. You don’t want to put your most expensive product on the carousel and inadvertently deter people who think all of your merchandise is that expensive. 

Kudos to you for having a currency selector on your site. This can be a stumbling block if people have to manually calculate the currency conversion before they buy. 

Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Thank you, thank you very much,

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
765 95 248

Hello Karen (@Celebritygiftco),

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully I can provide some insight as to why this is happening.

celebrity-gift.png

First, your stores first impression. When you are choosing colors, fonts, the overall look and feel of your website, you have to put personal preference aside and instead design your website around what would appeal to your target audience. If you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors or font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.

With your homepage banner, this area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product,  a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. Or what is it that they really desire? Use that type of wording on the banner and throughout your store.

On your homepage you feature your Betty Boop collection, I'd recommend switching it up and showing a few popular items from a few different categories,

Next, your currency converter isn't working:

screencapture-thecelebritygiftcompany-collections-accessories-2021-04-27-12_09_18.png

Here is one you might try instead. The one in the video is free but I would recommend upgrading to a paid version so that the currency stays consistent at checkout as well.

As for advertising - you have a physical store so I'd recommend adding a QR code with a discount when people order online, this will spread awareness that you have an online store and encourage people to shop there.
QR Code Generator: https://www.shopify.ca/pos/qr-code-generator

You might also consider adding signage: https://www.shopify.ca/tools/signage-maker

I would also recommend utilize Shopify's sales channels so that you can tag products on Facebook and Instagram and have it lead to your store. https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-sales-channels

Another way you can advertise is using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free), you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping. It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
Celebritygiftco
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks Danny, really appreciate your feedback.  I'll get started and take on board your recommendations

0 Likes
Celebritygiftco
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it.  I'll take your recommendations on board but I'm not a bit of a novice so may need some help from yourself.  I'll drop you an email if I get stuck.  Thanks Again

0 Likes