Feedback on my store

Highlighted

New to all of this , and feel rather lost and a bit frustrated, trying to get honest opinions and feedback about my website its structure what needs to be fixed just anything id really appreciate anyones help , please and thank you ?

https://www.starrymeadows.com/

Misty at https://www.starrymeadows.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hi, I am new also. The one thing I can tell you is that you need to have an "About Us" section, "Contact Us" section and a "Refund Policy" section. I might also try a different shopify theme.

The best of luck

Sheila- Northern Isle

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hi, Misty!

I'm sorry to hear you've been frustrated with your store. I'd love to help shed light on how to improve your experience and start making sales.

First off though, I'd like to congratulate you on putting yourself out there and starting your store in the first place. It can be scary thing to do.

What I try to reinforce with new store owners is the importance of creating a brand. A brand is not simply a logo, but everything a person thinks of when the hear the name of a business. This is especially important in e-commerce because there physical experience online is obviously severely limited in comparison to a brick-and-mortar store.

This means that the imagery, words, sentiment, sales channels, -everything to do with your business-, must be speaking directly and effectively to the audience you're targeting. When your target audience visits your website they must feel connected to your brand.

From looking at your store I would say you could do some more research into who your target audience is and your website and products need to connect more directly with that audience. For example, the demographic of people who like books is quite large, so large in fact that you may find it difficult to craft a brand that effectively speaks to such a wide audience.

Market research is a great way to create a guideline for who you're trying to connect to. The goal of market research is to determine who you're targeting and what it is in a product they're looking for. With that research you create a 'brand playbook'. This rule book outlines exactly how you go about communicating what your brand is about. Because you will have done research to understand what your target demographic is looking for the content you create for them to consume they will identify with, building trust and converting them into customers.

My recommendation is that you read this excellent post on our blog about why market research is important and how to conduct it, followed by this post on building a brand, and finally our video series A Beginner's Guide to Content Marketing. Read all of those posts, watch all of the videos and learn as much as you can on those topics -it honestly won't take that long. Once you do you'll have a much higher level of understand of who to create a brand and online store that your target audience will gravitate to and will want to be part of.

One small detail about your navigation. Northern Isle was totally right about including those pages, though I would recommend editing the placement a bit:

Hopefully you find all of this helpful!

Would love to hear from others their insights.

-Ash

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you so much for the feedback it was really helpful and super appreciated!

Misty at https://www.starrymeadows.com/
0 Likes