Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 0

Feedback on my store Hi Friends I would be very happy to feedback on my new store and have Haman traffic but do not buy

Homeandman.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
34 2 3

Dear @reutshis

First of all, you have a good theme choice and homepage is also good. But at this current situation, it would be hard to generate sales. Below are my observations:

1) You have long product names - try to make them shorter and unique.

2) Product descriptions are just imported as is from supplier - they should be re-written in a consistent way (SEO friendly)
3) You should have an "About Us" page. Its the most important page on your site.

4) You should also have "Contact Us" page. Email or link are not enough for customers. You have an email written wrong on homepage too.

5) Pages like "Privacy" and "Terms" should be in your footer too..
6) Add a pop-up with a coupon offer 15% OFF. 

The above are best practices we give our clients while we're building their stores. You're half way there - this should help you get off the ground! Please don't hesitate to contact us if your require support in the above. You can reach us at info@ecommercepro.com 

Best,
-Ali, Your Shopify Expert

Shopify Experts and Ecommerce Consultancy Agency - Need Help Generating Your First Sale? Contact us: info@ecommercepro.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 190

Hey there, Reutshis! 

Bo here from Shopify Support.

Absolutely fantastic work on your theme. The images used in the featured collections are gorgeous and give your page a really polished look. I would have to agree with Ali when it comes to the product titles and descriptions. A lot of merchants adjust the description slightly from Oberlo and then post it to their page, I can't be certain but it does look like this was the case with your store. The issue with this is that the titles from Oberlo are often very long winded and actually rather incoherent. The reason for this is that they are trying to cram as many keywords into their titles so their products are easy to find, however, for a customer facing store this does not look good. It doesn't look very polished and those who are familiar with Oberlo/AliExpress will recognize the format. So while you have done a great job in curating the products, you do need to do some more work to market them better on your site.

While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at [Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. If you are dropshipping from AliExpress you should check out Ali Product Reviews, this app pulls in reviews for your products straight from AliExpress. If these are not dropshipped products then check out Product Reviews which is a free app that allows your customers to leave reviews. Here are some statistics for you to consider:

• 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
  • 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
  • 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
  • As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

As Ali mentioned, having a contact page is super important and this feeds back into the whole trust thing. If a customer feels that they can easily contact you they will be more likely to check out on your store. Currently, your contact page leads to a 404 page. You can read up on creating a Contact Us page here.

You will want to make sure that anything you have a link to on your homepage links to something with content. As mentioned your contact page leads to a 404 and if you take a look at the collections listed in your navigation you will find that the Blenders and Cookware collections are empty. This makes your site look unfinished which will not make your customers very comfortable about shopping with you. 

As Ali mentioned, you need an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you. I would recommend taking a look at our guide on writing a persuasive About Us page here. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes