Feedback on my store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Can I have feedback on my store, visuals, content, look and feel. I have launched more than a month and having a steady flow of traffic (paid for), I am finding no sales and short visits. Anyone any similar experience and any help or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @BoxOfColoursUK 

Bo here from Shopify Support. 

I would love to provide you with some feedback on your store. Could you post a link to your store in this thread so that I and the rest of the community can take a look? I would love to go through your store to find if there is any reason for the lack of conversion. One factor that may be responsible for this lack of conversions is that the wrong audience may be targeted in your ad campaigns. Facebook is designed for sharing personal updates and information, such as vacation photos, new songs you’ve discovered, and relationship statuses, with your network. All the likes and connections made on Facebook and Instagram create detailed user profiles that advertisers can tap into through targeted ads. Facebook advertisers can match their products and service against a long list of the users' interests, traits, and behaviors, resulting in a higher likelihood of reaching their ideal customers. Have you done some market research to figure out who your exact audience is? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Bo

So silly of me forgetting to leave the store address. It's
www.boxofcolours.com

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

James O'Brien
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Thank you for that! Absolutely beautiful looking store, your pieces look amazing, I am really impressed. It is clear that you would have a very specific audience based on the general cost of your items and how niche they are. For example, someone on their early twenties would not likely be included in your targeted ads as they are less likely to be able to afford such nice things, so make sure you get your target audience nailed down to make the most of your paid ads.

Taking a look through your store I noticed that your product image sizes vary. While this is not technically an issue, your store would look that bit more polished and professional if all the images were of a standard size, especially in collection pages etc. I would recommend using an app such as Photo Resize to get all of your images uniform. 

I noticed that a lot of your product images are missing their Alt Description. Luckily adding an alt description is super easy to do and can be done so as outlined in this doc which can be found in our help center the home of all our help docs!

The long and short of it is that adding alt descriptions helps you rank better in Google because it is telling Google what your images are and so your products can show up in Google image searches. Having the descriptions there also makes your site more accessible for anyone with any kind of visual impairment as their screen readers can read what the image is for them. So while making your page that bit more accessible you are also improving your SEO. Here is a great guide to writing truly effective alt descriptions for your product images.

Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. You can check out Product Reviews which is a free app that allows your customers to leave reviews. Here are some statistics for you to consider:
70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.

I love your About page and your "Our Artisans" page. You could probably go into a little more detail with them. While your artisans' experience is very impressive, it might be a nice idea to actually introduce your team with short bios. Little touches like this can really help make your store stand out. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

It is absolutely great to see that you have a FAQ page. I would recommend adding a hyperlink to the Gift Card product in the answer to the gift card question, this will help your customer buy there and then and not need to look additionally for it. You can read up on adding hyperlinks to text in this guide on our rich text editor. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Bo,

Well !!! What can I say, apart from Thank you so much for your kind words
and very helpful suggestions. I will be updating all your suggestions today.

Kindest regards

James

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi James,

Congratulations on launching your store. You have a great product and the site is fast and mobile responsive. Here is my feedback:

• It’s great you offer free delivery in the UK. Does much of your traffic come from outside the UK? If so, offer free delivery there too.
  • Make sure you’re competitively priced.

Design:

• Make the logo a little larger and / or make the navigation font a little smaller and not bold. 
  • Reduce the width of the orange border at the top a little.
  • Move the MURANO GLASS FROM THE MASTERS section up to the top and make that sentence stand out more
  • In the footer, change the serif font to sans serif.
  • Adding a favicon one makes your brand visible on the page tab. Here's a guide to adding one.

Cart Abandonment: Use cart abandonment software. Abandonment is often between 60 and 80%. Check out this helpful guide.

Social Icons (FB/IG) - set these to open in a new tab. Currently they take the customer away from your store.

Other:

• Add a blog - will be good for SEO. Good to provide additional info for customers and engage them.
  • On the product page add a video of the product if you have it.
  • Provide product testimonials if available.
  • Use live chat software - will help build more trust.
  • It’s great you’ve provided a phone number, good for building trust - maybe display it in the footer. Add a physical address also, if it makes sense.

I hope this helps, if so, then please click Like below. 

All the best with your store,

Gavin Crowley

Shopify Developer

gavincrowleyonline.com is a Shopify Partner who develops and customizes outstanding Shopify stores

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
156 3 24

Hi,

As your question seems partly directed at marketing you might also consider making a post in the Shopify Ecommerce Marketing forum.

With that in mind, since you've gotten a fair bit of feedback, you should consider double checking your work on a Free store analyzer tool since we cannot always catch the details that can really hurt your bottom line.

So, using a free Store Checkup Tool like the one from AdScale might be of help as it will:

• create a Personalized Store-Readiness Report
  • deliver in-depth guidelines for store optimization
  • notice the details that SEO crawlers look for- before it's too late

Moreover, since you have already begun paid advertising campaigns, you should consider upgrading to an AI automated advertising system to avoid significantly under-utilizing all that hard work you've put into your site. An AI automated system for cross channel and platform advertising, synchronization, as well as bid and budget automatons can be the difference in time saved managing your account, targeted advertising and increasing conversion rates. There are plenty of options in the Shopify App store, but of course I am partial to AdScale's!

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me.

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted

Great store. With the high end price point of your items, it's going to take a while to get your first few sales. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like