Feedback on my store

2 0 0

Hi guys, 

would you mind having a  look at my store ? IT is adult store so has got all variety of sex products. I get some traffic, but minimal sell. I think it does not look bad, but obviousely sth must be missing. Can you please share your ideas? 

beastbeautystore.com Enjoy! :)  and thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 50 107

Hey there, @tommy18 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

You have done such a great job on putting this store together. Very well done! I love the theme of beauty and the beast going through your store also - it is very clever. There are definitely some bits we can to tweak this and make it better. 

While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot this right away and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for an exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews have become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them.

I would recommend taking a look at our free Ali Reviews app. This app can be found in our fabulous little app store, the home to all of our best apps!

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I would recommend adding a section to your product pages that recommends related products to your customers. This can help to boost sales, as it allows you to show your customers what kinds of similar products are available, increasing the likelihood that they'll find what they're looking for. You can recommend related products either by installing an app, or by performing a theme code customization. If you are comfortable making HTML changes yourself you can do so by following this guide. 

I understand that there are certain limitations when it comes to advertising adult products. I wanted to show you this example of an adult store that overcomes this limitation. If you take a look at their social media also you will see how they use their Instagram stories, highlights and hashtags to show off new products and connect with customers. While advertising and posting may be limited with Instagram, that is not to say that it isn't a tool that you can utilize when done creatively. 

Check out this guide on marketing with Twitter. Twitter can be a really powerful tool when used correctly. With Twitter, there is absolutely no censorship so you are free to post any kind of content that you like which really opens your options. We also have this wonderful guide on increasing your traffic organically without paying for ads.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like