Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1
Hi

I would have feedback please on my store my conversions are really LOW, what am I doing wrong?!

https://numinouslights.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
255 32 39

Hey there!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at your website, and I'd be happy to offer some suggestions.

Often, one of the first pages visitors will explore on an online store is the About page. This is where you can explain your story - who you are, why you are, what you sell, and what your mission is. What problem are your products solving? Why should a visitor purchase your lights, rather than lights from another business? I recommend following our How to Write an About Us Page guide to help you get started!

"Lights that create a warm and relaxed environment" suggests that you sell warm lighting, however upon browsing through your store I noticed that's not all you sell. I also noticed a Phone Cases collection (with only two products), as well as a Glasses collection (with only one product). While these products do light up, they don't necessarily fit in with your niche of lighting. It's important to be as specific as possible when determining who your target market is. Having a specific niche and target market will allow you to market much more effectively. Right now, it looks like you might target rave/festival go-ers (because of the glasses), smart phone users, people looking for relaxing lighting, space enthusiasts, and perhaps more. If you're targeting everyone, it'll be a lot harder for you to convert visitors into customers because not everyone is interested in your products. If you focus on selling lighting decor only, then you can target people looking for lighting solutions for their home or work spaces. Whichever specific niche you work on, I'd recommend including more products after removing the unrelated ones.

While browsing through your products, it became obvious that these are dropshipped products. Dropshipping is a fantastic model to start a business with low risk involved - but the inconsistency of the product imaging can deter people from purchasing. For this reason, we recommend taking your own product pictures. This allows you to test the quality of your products before selling, to ensure that your customers are receiving nothing less than the best. It will also allow you to give visitors a sense of your own branding through the consistency in the way the images are displayed.

On the Home Page, I would advise promoting your Instagram account either lower on the page or removing that entirely, since you already have the Instagram icon in your footer. I also suggest including the newsletter sign up in your footer so that visitors can easily sign up on every page. I'd recommend displaying a few products at the top of your Home Page as "Best Sellers", to keep visitors engaged and browsing. I'm glad to see that you've released a blog post, do you plan to write more? Blogging is a fantastic way to build your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and promote your products, so be sure to keep it up! I'd suggest displaying your blogs lower on the Home Page as well.

We generally recommend starting off with the goal of obtaining at least 1000 visitors in the last 30 days. Once you've achieved that, you'll want to work towards a goal of improving your conversion rate to 2-4%. Of course, if you're not marketing effectively towards potential buyers, your conversion rates will be a lot lower. After you've determined your target market and niche, you'll need to develop a marketing plangeared towards that specific audience. What have you been doing for marketing?

There's quite a bit of information here, so please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Hello,

I had look into your website.

You can use banner images are in high quality and all are in equal dimensions. Here are sure things that each pennant ought to incorporate, essentially on the grounds that it is generally the main thing seen by a visitor and regularly speaks to how the business or association is seen. A name is a conspicuous thing that ought to show up on any banner.
You can add privacy policy page in your website, It points of interest your organization's perspectives and techniques on the data gathered from visitors.
You should add Refund Policy in home page footer or header section, it can help increase sales because an overwhelming percentage of the customer population looks for it. having a well-thought-out return policy clearly displayed in your store is key to attracting and keeping your customers. Simply You should give confidence to your customers.
I see one of item gallery image sizes are not in equal like https://numinouslights.com/collections/decor/products/new-quantum-lamp-touch-sensitive. You can use all gallery image sizes are in equal dimensions.
You can create your website's social media page, Connect social media accounts to your site. If a visitor lands on your webpage they might want to follow you on Instagram of Facebook.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
48 2 6

Hi @SupremePro 

Hope You Are Doing Good !!!

Well, as per the analysis, your store looks quite simple and small. Nowadays when people visits on ecommerce site they want big arena where density is visible to them. I see drawback in this theme, it does not support top menu. Normally, when you see big brands like Amazon, Walmart and ebay, they follow this technique only. I am attaching the screenshot, you may refer that. Banners are most of the most important part of any ecommerce site, it should be clear enough you are using it but I guess you might have banners with clear background and clear CTA button. All the banners should be of same size, with same size there is no problem related to resolution.

Since I have observed that, you are using Facebook, you also have business page for facebook. You need to include all the social pages on footer of the website. 

You can also include instagram feed on your store, all your instagram post would come under your store only, it will create direct engagement. I am attaching the screenshot you can refer that.

For more details, you can refer resource related to development of Shopify store. You can shoot me email arpansrivastava@cedcommerce.com for one to one communication.

Regards

Arpan Srivastava
Store Analyst

Skype id-live:danbakker_2

Want to Increase your Sales on Shopify?
Now do connect with me on group also https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopifysellershub/

Shopify Expert
0 Likes