Feedback on my store.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
We launched our store on August 16 and have had only 12 orders and only 1 of them came from a stranger while the rest was family and friends. We get tons of visitors everyday but not sales. We have offered free shipping and buy one get one sales and now a Labor Day Sale and still nothing. There are times when there are over 10 people on at once and then they leave. What is wrong with our site or products. We don’t get it anymore . Here is our site. https://melanin-girls.com/
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Melanin2019 

Nice job on your store, here is my feedback on it.

One thing to consider is adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi thank you for the feedback. We have had a few orders from family but for the most part we don’t have any reviews. We are so confused as to why we get so much traffic but nobody actually checks out. We have had two abandoned carts that weren’t recovered but other than that nobody is buying. Any ideas on what could be wrong??
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

After reviewing your store, here are some of my personal comments:

First, I will provide some comments on your homepage

About your store's theme, you are currently using the "Debut theme", which is not really unique and outstanding. With this theme, your homepage still looks clean and it cannot attract customers' attention. They do not want to stay long on your homepage because it is not eye-catching enough. 

Since you are not successful at keeping your customers stay, your conversion rate is clearly low. One suitable and glamorous theme will play an important role in increasing the conversion rate for your store. The solution here is to explore more about other free themes provided on Shopify's theme store. 

About your banner, you should invest more in the image quality of your banner. It is more ideal if you can include pictures of real people wearing your products, not just some graphic photos. Nice job with the promotional information displayed on the banner!  But you should change the images, add several animation effects such as slideshow or gif to make the banner look more attractive and professional

Regarding your featured collection section, again, the visual aspect is really important. You should focus more on the images of the collection section on your homepage. Selecting more high-quality pictures can arouse customers' interest and motive them to view your store's items. You should also add the customer reviews feature to generate more trust from the visitors. 

Besides, you should add the notification of your store “Hot Sale” or discounts at the top of the header on your homepage to grab customers’ attention. For example, you can replace the "WELCOME TO MELANIN-GIRLS...HAPPY SHOPPING!!" with promotions, such as "Free shipping for every product" or "20% off for new customers". By doing so, you are more likely to trigger the buying decision.

You should remove "Powered by Shopify" at the footer. 

If you want more people to subscribe to your newsletter and collect more email addresses, you should include discount and promotion for this.  

Next, about your product pageIn general, your store includes basic things that are essential on the product page, like variants and size selection, as well as the detailed product description. However, there are more things that need to be improved regarding your product page.

For every product, you need to use more images that are shot from various angles. By doing so, your customers will have a more comprehensive view of your products.

Make sure you have a persuasive description for every product you sell. Inspiring customers through product description is a great way to increase your conversion rate as well as your sales. You should focus on the benefits that your products offer to the customers

- Besides images, you can include videos and gif on your product page. You are in the fashion industry, videos and gifs can benefit you a lot.

Above are some of my personal comments related to your store. If you need more advice, I am always ready for helping you. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
49 3 16

Hi @Melanin2019 ,

You must need a homepage to showcase all your products and deals offers etc. There are no proper banners found on the product page. Banners make the website more attractive. People read images faster than text, so please consider adding banners to your product page as well You can try the app "Banner slideshow" for this. Link: https://apps.shopify.com/powr-banner-slider

My another feedback is regarding your current product recommendation. See this product page of your store and the items displayed as recommendations here: Your product page
The customer wouldn't be interested in buying phone cases as they are looking for a dress in your store. You can tap them by showing similar products which match their search query. Variety of similar looking dresses in your catalog can be displayed here instead of showing them the phone cases and other such irrelevant products. Try " Upsell with AI recommendations". This is such a great app which would help you suggesting personalized recommendations based on customers taste and likings. Link: https://apps.shopify.com/recommend-similar-looking-products

Rest all look good to me

Technology Consultant, Turing Analytics
shyam@turingiq.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

First impression - black on purple in the footer doesn't work very well.

On your Blog (I only see one short article there so more content would help) you talk about "summer begins to wine down". It should be "wind down", It is always advisable to use a spell checker with these things, or Grammarly (it's free).

I like your products and the pictures are good. Same comment about black on purple though. Why not try white on purple if you want the purple as your theme color. 

This is one of the descriptions that I find a bit confusing "This sheer bodysuit features, Fabric doesn’t have any stretch, mock neckline, long sleeves,...." It doesn't have any of these things? Why not list all the features as bullet points, not just the material and washing instructions? You should also write more about the product. Sell its features, like how it would complement your figure. Use emotive terms to sell it like how stunning you would look in this. Aim comments at the individual you are selling to, as though you are in a shop with your customer right there in front of you. Use the term "you" rather than the more generic term "everyone".

I like that your products are inclusive (like, I could buy from you) but you have things that are specific to ethnic groups. This works well for me but I think you need to consider your target audience when advertising. Focus on certain products when targeting your ads.

I added something to my cart and went through the check-out process and one thing I noticed is that shipping is calculated at the final stage - only after I have handed over all my details and email address. You say you offer free shipping so you should state this upfront before you get to that point. It could be why (if you do) you get abandoned carts.

I hope this helps. I'm fairly new to this myself but these are things I had to go back and change. You're not doing too bad though. You've only been going a few weeks. Keep at it, keep improving the content and you will do well.

Mike@Veda
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Melanin2019,

Have you tried the Review my store service? It's totally free.

Hannah Pham | Blogger at Happypoints.io
0 Likes