Feedback on my store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi community,

I would love to get your feedback on my store.  I'm in a very competitive space and not having much luck with sales.  I realize you have to spend a lot of money on marketing to climb the search ladder, but I've had this store for quite some time with very few sales, and I am spending money on FB adds and google adds.  I believe it may be that my store isn't attractive enough for the clientele I'm trying to attract.  Could it be that I'm offering too many options, ie; handmade, loose stones...Perhaps I need to be more focused?  My shop link is below - be brutally honest!!!  All input is appreciated.

https://dkbjewelry.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @DKBabb 

You need to improve few areas of the website to help convert visitors into sales. 

• Home Page 
  • Product Pages ( Build Trust ) 
  • Footer Menu 

Also for high ticket items it might be better to build a landing page also. 

Overall some really great parts to the website. Love the blogs and about page. Keep up the good work. 

I'll also email you something right now that should really help. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @DKBabb 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

After looking I couldn't find social media links. If you add some social media accounts to your store like Facebook or Instagram, it will help build trust with your store and help get more customers

Another thing you might want to add is reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

You might consider adding a contact form. If you add more contact info to your site, it can go a long way in building a brand that customers can trust. Would you buy from a site if you weren't able to contact them?

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it. 

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1472 93 321

Hi, 

I have reviewed your store and first impression of store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as store is decent and attractive.

1. Your image sizes are uneven you can even out the size of your images as it will look more organised.
  2. You can add social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram on the site footer and consider adding terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  3. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  4. You can convert more traffic into qualified leads and customers from the app. SiteKit fast-tracks your business growth by turning visitors into subscribers and customers with lead generation campaigns and high-converting tools.
  5. Lastly, You have over 200 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1060 50 316

Hi DKBabb! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

You are in a very competitive niche, where trust plays a big role [people prefer buying jewelry online from trusted retailers]. That’s why having your name out there, and promoting your store - as you already do - is so important. Right now, people need 16 touches [interactions] with a brand before they convert.

There are also areas on your website that you can improve to boost sales.

The logo looks a little amateurish - like the one you can make on Canva. Consider investing in a professional logo to build your brand and emphasize the luxury and premium feel. It’s the first thing people see as they land on your website, and it doesn’t reflect your upmarket niche yet.

I agree that you should stick to one niche - like bridal jewelry - and offer handmade jewelry, and loose stones on a different platform. People shopping for bridal jewelry are looking for the whole experience - shopping for the special day - and want to buy from retailers specializing in this niche. Seeing you are selling other unrelated products, might give an impression the jewelry isn’t strictly bridal, and they might shop elsewhere.

The hero banner on the homepage looks great, and it matches your website theme, however, it doesn’t show your products - it shows tableware - which can make an impression you are selling wedding table accessories:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 08.36.59.png

Your tagline is “Fine Artisan Jewelry”, so make sure to show the jewelry in the image as well.

Also, consider adding a CTA [call to action] button here and link it to the wedding jewelry collection. This will prompt people to click it and browse your products, which will improve your conversion rate and SEO [time spent on your website].

The Featured Collection below looks great - however consider adding more SEO-friendly title to it, such as: “Engagement Rings”:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 08.46.50.png

The rings also have a blue hue to them [as if the diamonds had some blue undertones]. Not everyone likes the blue diamonds - consider showing the rings with white stones on the homepage to appeal to the big chunk of the market. If you are using filters to edit each ring photo, make sure to use professional editing software used by the fine jewelry photographers, otherwise, you risk your diamonds being perceived as having a flaw [unclear stone].

Consider adding more content to the Fashion Jewelry element:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 08.55.10.png

It feels a bit neglected, and doesn’t have a defined purpose - it doesn’t tell a story of your brand, or origins of your stones, and doesn’t have a CTA directing people to visit other pages on your website. 

The sliding images below mention you are using diamond alternatives:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 08.57.16.png

This is the first time you mention you are not using real diamonds - which can feel misleading. It would be great to tell from the beginning [in the hero image at the top], that you are selling artificial diamonds, so people know right away what you are offering. Otherwise, the trust is definitely affected - and as you know, trust is very important for jewelry retailers.

The images in the sliding banner also seem a bit blurry - consider uploading better quality images here, so they don’t get distorted by the website template. Also, consider not using the grey hue filter in the slider, otherwise it gives your stones grey color, and you need to be careful with that. People want to see the actual color of the stone when buying jewelry.

Make sure also to add a CTA to each of the images to direct people to a relevant collection - that’s a great way to boost your conversion rate. 

Collections list below looks great - consider also re-cropping some of the images, as they do not display in full within the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.07.56.png

Some of the images look blurry, and they don’t display in full within the frame, which can also affect your professional, premium branding. Make sure to improve them, and the homepage will look much better.

Footer - consider adding secondary navigation here to allow people to jump to your collections and store policies once they scroll all the way down here:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.11.19.png

It will further improve your customer journey [sales funnel], user-experience [SEO], and conversion rate.

About us page looks great. You build trust by telling about your experience in designing jewelry, and you have a photo of yourself here too, which is important. That’s a great trust signal, and you should also add info about it to the homepage.

Also, make sure to SEO optimize this page [and all other pages] on your website with SEO friendly H tags, internal and external links, and more. The page at the moment feels like a block of text, so it would be a good idea to break it off with heading tags [H tags], bolded key phrases, bullet points etc. It will improve the user experience, which is very important for Google.

It’s essential to optimize your website from the very start [or as early as possible] to help you rank quicker for your target keywords. If you’re not sure how to do it, please check this FREE video course: How to SEO your website and get to Google #1 in 3 Months.

Consider also using a professional email address [such as sales@dkbjewelry.com] instead of  free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI 

There seems to be a big gap between the end of the page and the contact form below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.21.40.png

This could be due to some excessive coding on the page, so make sure to remove it to reduce the gap.

Refunds page is excellent - you have all the areas covered, which is great. Make sure also to include the returns address and instructions on how to contact you to request a refund. Make it very easy for people to return the item in case of any problems, and they will feel reassured and comfortable when shopping with you.

Shipping policy - that’s an important trust signal, so consider adding this page. Include a table with the delivery rates at the top, so people know right away how much you are charging, and whether you ship internationally or not. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, so having a detailed policy can also help you boost your conversion rate. 

Contact us page - this is another important trust signal. Make sure to add it as a separate page linked from the menu, as people will want to know they can easily contact you with any questions.

A great way to build trust as a retailer is to use a chat on your website - this way potential shoppers can chat with you and ask any questions they might have before placing an order. They can be sure their questions will be answered and there’s definitely a human being behind the website available in case of any problem.

FAQ page can also help you build trust - consider adding this page to answer any questions potential shoppers might have, i.e. how are the stones in your jewelry different from diamonds, do you guarantee a delivery on a certain day [essential for wedding jewelry to arrive before the wedding] etc. Covering these topics can help you connect with your target audience and build trust.

The Testimonials page is excellent - definitely a great way to gain trust.

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Make sure to optimize each blog post as mentioned before to break off the lengthy block of text and improve the readability and user experience.

Your SEO score is 50/100

You seem to have two domain names pointing to your website [perhaps the default myshopify.com domain and your custom domain] which, without a 301 redirect make Google read your website as two separate sites with a duplicate content, which might affect your Google rank:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.37.47.png

Make sure to add a redirect to let Google know which version it should take into consideration. 

Image alt tags - make sure to add descriptive SEO friendly alt tags to each new image you upload:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.39.19.png

That’s a great way to improve your SEO [Google will be able to understand what each image represents] and make your website more accessible for the users who browse with images switched off.

Also, work on the amount of content on your website - through regular blogging and adding more pages - that gives Google more reasons to keep checking your website and crawling it again.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.40.45.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will results with tons of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

You have quite a substantial number of broken links:

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 09.41.41.png

That could definitely affect your SEO score [and Google rank] due to web usability issues. Consider removing any broken links or updating to fix them. Request your free broken links report now.

In order to optimize your website for conversion, add essential trust signals, improve your sales funnel, and give you store a professional look, please reserve your full website redesign + SEO package here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/ecommerce/

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info 

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes