Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 2

Can you guys take a quick look at my webshop?

https://bodypreps.myshopify.com

I want it to be good before i put this online. 

Please tell if something is missing or if something needs a change. Also I had troubles with my other shop when i put it online. i couldn't use the URL ! don't want this to happen again

thank you !!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 3
I just view your store.
To be honest with you, your business niche is good, You have stunning products in your store but you are lacking in engagement features and you are missing a lot in your store. This may cause you to keep losing customers from the traffic coming to your store. Your store needs a modern layout and design with a premium theme to make it look more professional to retain customers. I have a latest version premium booster theme I can install to your store and redesign it. I will install the necessary Apps including Klaviyo and set Sales to funnel automation workflow to your store. The workflow automation set up will keep managing your store without any stress, it will keep reminding the customers of the abandon add to cart and so on. There is a lot to be done but when start working, you will definitely see the difference. Contact me on Fiverr.com/daramaxwell
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

Depending on how you plan to get traffic on your shop, you should think about putting a picture with a benefit-driven headline on your site. I wasn´t even sure what I can expect and only found out after scrolling down and seeing your products - which is extremely bad because it isn´t like most people use the internet -> it has to be clear from the beginning what I can expect, the easiest way to do this is by -> putting a picture with a benefit-driven headline on your site.

Then having 2 prices for each product displayed is a big no-no: you´re going to irritate many visitors by doing so (when choosing $ as currency is shows me each price twice in the same currency) and you´re also unintentionally making your prices seem much higher than they actually are -> less visitors are going to buy. Only show one price, preferably one that most people are going to be familiar with.

There are no product description - another big no-no which will cost you many customers

As long as you don´t have any reviews don´t show them on your site at all - doesn´t look good when the product has 0 reviews. First get people to buy your product, ask actively for reviews and as soon as you have 5 for a product you can show them.

In Checkout the currency switched automatically from $ to LE and then in the next step back to $ again -> another reason to only show one price it will irritate to many people and keep them from buying

And those are just the major issues, there´s a lot more to work on...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1770 111 321

Dear DosSantos,

Congratulation for your store. We have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Need to work on design

3. Optimize your each product landing page

4. Optimize your store for SEO

5. Add policies pages at footer

6. Show Facebook or Instagram Feed at Home page
7. Add blog section

8. Do customization at cart page

There are other areas you need to work

Need help? Please contact us here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/contact-us

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 2

Thanks for responding !

Okay so I still have a lot to do ! oh Gosh. The 2 prices that are shoing also annoys me... don't have any idea how to switch that. Actualy everything you mentioned is a big question for me right now.

regards,

Dos Santos

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 2

hey!

Thanks for replying ! I'm working on this stuff right now but now i'm trying to get the "reviews" of. Can you help me out ? Also that currency switch is a huge question mark for me aswell.

regards !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

Sorry I can only tell you what you have to change to increase your conversion rate unfortunately I´m not a tech guy and don´t know how to get rid of any of these problems, but I guess that google and/or youtube might be able to help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1178 58 350

Hi ! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

I have to agree with the above comments - the homepage lacks engagement - it feels like you are not really passionate about it, and it rubs off on the visitor - why should they care about your products if you don’t?

Also, you mentioned you’ve had issues in the past with using certain URLs, could you elaborate on this?

The top promo bar has a text ‘SAY WHAT!! FREE Shipping ! Quick Delivery !’ which completely doesn’t resonate with your target audience - women looking for pampering goods online. Consider working on your brand’s tone of voice, as it’s a big part of the conversion rate optimization. You’ll see much better results if this bar was in dusty pink color [not khaki green], and simply said: “Get FREE delivery worldwide with every purchase” - simple, and it appeals to your target audience.

Your logo is a little difficult to read - consider investing in professional logo design on a transparent background - it will help you build your authority and trust, and therefore sales.

Your homepage looks a little like a collection page:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 06.57.31.png

You simply ask visitors to buy right away, without even properly introducing yourself :)

Consider displaying a feature promo image at the top, showing one of your products, and telling a little about your brand. This is a much better way to introduce your brand to the customers, engage with them, and invite them to browse further.

See how I’d see your homepage:

Shop Skincare_.png

It’s much more engaging, showing one of your most appealing products, has CTAs [calls to action] and has a color scheme suiting your niche.

Also, instead of “Feature Collection” consider using something more SEO-friendly, such as: “Bestselling Skincare Products” - that’s much more useful for Google, as it can group you in more relevant search results.

You have a link on a homepage to view all products, but it links to exactly the same products as on the homepage:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.20.14.png

It feels a little misleading which may affect your trust - and that’s very important for conversion rate. Consider growing your products’ selection; the more products you have, the bigger your chance for a sale.

Newsletter in the footer - consider adding more appealing heading here, to really make people want to sign up to receive news from you:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.22.02.png

I also recommend adding a custom domain name.

That’s a great trust signal and can also help you improve your SEO. You can register a domain through NameCheap.com or GoDaddy.com or similar. Then connect your domain to your Shopify store, as explained in this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/transferring-domains

Shipping page - you mention Belgium and Netherlands locations - if you only ship within those two countries, make sure to make it clearer on the homepage and have a currency in Euros. Your default currency as displayed in the header area, is Egyptian Pound, which is a little confusing:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.25.04.png

Also, the currency drop-down overlaps the cart icon, so make sure to optimize the display of those two elements.

Consider also displaying your shipping rates table on this page. At the moment you ask potential shoppers to do all the work - go to the cart page and calculate the shipment to their location. People online expect things done for them - it’s so easy just to click to another website than to make an effort and calculate the delivery charge. You will see that your conversion will improve once you allow your customers to find the delivery fees easily on your Shipping page. 

Also define the countries you ship to and the estimated costs.

Some of your Collections have featured images at the top [like Bodyshapers], others don’t - make sure to stay consistent with your store layout and design, as it’s also a big part of the conversion rate optimization.

Instagram - consider opening the external link in a new tab - this way you won’t lose traffic from your website. Also, make sure to post regularly, as the feed is empty at the moment:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.30.28.png

Your SEO score is 44/100

You seem to have two domain names pointing to your website [perhaps the default myshopify.com domain and your custom domain] which, without a 301 redirect make Google read your website as two separate sites with a duplicate content, which might affect your Google rank:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.33.24.png

Make sure to add a redirect to let Google know which version it should take into consideration. 

Your content could be more defined - your most often used words are “price, sale, for”, which are not very specific for Google:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.34.08.png

Consider working on your keyword density, so Google knows your content is related to a specific niche.

Some of your URLs are not SEO friendly:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 07.35.59.png

It’s important to fix them now, as you are starting out, as changing URLs later, when you are more established and have more backlinks, will results with tons of error pages. See how to make your URLs more SEO friendly in this free video guide: https://youtu.be/4V-jFWoGFd4

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info 

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 2

You made my day ! 

I worked on most of your points you gave and still need to figure out a few.

The double pricing is a thing I can't get rid without help and my shipping is another step that I will go change.

I loved your answer and the work you put in to helping me with my bad layout.

My instgram needs work on but I think i'm stuck, as a dropshipper I don't have any items to take a picture of and posting thesame picture as on my webshop will most likely not attrack people to visit the webshop because it's just a picture and not personal. Got some tips maybe?

here is my new domain:  https://bodypreps.com 

regards,

DosSantos

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1178 58 350

I recommend connecting a domain to your store. Here's a guide on how to do it:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/transferring-domains

When it comes to the Instagram feed, it's definitely tricky when you're dropshipping. You can have a mix of product posts and tips, i.e. how to look after oily skin, get rid of wrinkles, trim split ends etc. Something in your niche, and relevant to your target audience. 

Hope it helps,

Maggie

1 Like