Feedback on my store

1 0 0

I am seriously going to put in the hard work to make this tore as successful as possible so looking for constructive criticism, positive feedback  and suggestions on my store. my store is vinmaadorablepups.com

0 Likes

just checked your store. it looks good. Just wondering how you are getting traffic. You should start blogging to drive more traffic to your store. It is the only cheapest way to get traffic. Only having a good looking website will not make your store successful. It will be successful when you will have more sales than your expectation. 

50% discount on all image editing tasks. Minimum order 5000 images https://zenithclipping.com
0 Likes

Hi @Vinny,

I would suggest tidying up a few bits across the website. Specifically, the logo isn't looking too good. I would get something designed professionally, or go for something more simple if there isn't the budget for someone else to do it.

Some of the images are quite low res. So I would look to replace them with higher quality versions.

I would try to highlight what makes your business different, and what your unique selling points are.

Lastly, I see you are using a gmail address in your footer. I would advise against this, as you want to convey a professional image as much as possible. Building trust is so important, and so you should look to do that in any/every way possible.

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 25 99

Hi @Vinny 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

You might consider adding a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Also I noticed that you don't have an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
238 26 50

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. It's great to hear that you are willing to put in the hard work necessary to build up your eCommerce knowledge and implement it on your new venture. Starting a new business can be tricky, so it's fantastic that you are open to suggestions and willing to take it all on board. 

I have a few points I'd like to bring up, from my own experience browsing your store: 

• Have you done market research on your products? Did the research establish a demand for the products you are selling? Did you create a marketing plan
  • Who is your target demographic for your products? 
  • Your branding is really nice, but I feel a professional graphic designer would be able to take your concept and really churn out something that will come across as cutting edge and professional. If you're ever looking for visual content or branding you should check out the Experts marketplace, where you can hire some help! 
  • You should create an About Us to really tell us why we should purchase from your store, and a little about your mission statement as a business. We have a great blog on how to write a persuasive About Us here. 
  • By the same token, you should also include a Frequently Asked Questions page for your store. 

Is this your first store, or have you experience creating websites before? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Vinmaadorablepups,

I hope you are doing well and the site seems working amazingly. I reviewed your site and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement instantly to get the fresh look on the site. 

1. Add a login/sign-in account for ecommerce purpose.
  2. Adding social links will facilitate better connectivity.
  3. Remove excess of empty space from the lower part of the homepage.
  4. Offer some discounts to gain customer attention. 
  5. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope my suggestions help you get more revenue.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes