Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey everyone, 

I'd love to get some feedback on my store. I'm getting a ton of views, but hardly any conversions. Any feedback you may have will help for sure. Thanks www.journeybabez.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hey, @journeybabez!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

I wanted to start by saying Good Job! Your site looks amazing and I can tell you've put a lot of work into it. It has a strong tone and it's easy to see what sort of products I can expect from the moment I load up the home page.

There are a few typical things that you can test out quickly to see if they apply to your store.

• High shipping rates. If your shipping rates add an unexpected bump to the product price consider including them in the product price and offering free shipping.
  • Unclear user flow. Are all of your call to action buttons clear and easy to find? These are things like Add to Cart, Proceed to Checkout, Complete Purchase?
  • Simple Organization. Are you menus as simple as they could be? You want it to be as easy as possible for customers to get to the products you want them to buy. Any friction could cause them to abandon their purchase.

I also wanted to ask you how you've been promoting your store so far? Sometimes, if you're pointing your marketing efforts in the wrong direction, they'll be brining traffic to your store that isn't likely to convert. We have a blog post here on influencer marketing which I think you may find helpful for your business!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Journeybabez,
Traffic is arriving, which surely means that visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store eye-catching, though it's a gem of a store still surely, few amendments can be made to increase conversion rate.

1. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products.
  2. Add some more blogs for a better understanding of the product.
  3. Add some customer testimonials to guide potential customers and help improve customer service. 
  4. Also, You have around 578 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

May the feedback help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you! I will look into those types of apps as soon as I can :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Definitely! You must. Thank you for your comment.Most welcome for any new help.  

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1755 108 315

Dear Unheard-of,

Congratulations for your store.

Hope Few suggestions will help you:

1. Optimize your page loading speed for Mobile

2. Add Testimonials at Product Page

3. Add Blog Sections

4. Use Facebook and Instagram Store for more sale

5.  "calculate shipping" and "proceed to checkout" at cart page need to bold.

6. Optimize your site for SEO

There are other areas you need to work. Need help please meet our expert here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/products/store-setup-guidance

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

You might consider adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi! I do have a question, we’re you on desktop or mobile? I had a sticky cart option I thought was visible, but I will check!

For the other items I will definitely work on :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Lizzy! 

Thank you for your kind words. Currently I run free shipping for all US orders, I've created a banner to announce this as well. I've tested the checkout flow, and it seems to work seamlessly when I do it. I've broken my menu down some more and additionally added an advanced search bar to help customers find what they need when searching the store (one of the suggestions I was given). I'm currently running a small Facebook campaign at $2/day to help with traffic and reaching out to influencers on Instagram and even commenting and messaging people on Instagram to help with marketing. I'm still noticing traffic but no sales, so I'm not sure what else to do

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hey @journeybabez!

You're welcome! It can take some time to find the sweet spot in terms of marketing to customers who will purchase from your store. While working on that there are things you can be constantly tweaking and adjusting to keep your brand fresh and ready for sales.

I took another look over your site and had a few ideas for things you could work on. I love that you donate part of your proceeds to a foundation! Do you share this on social media or as a part of your ad campaign? People find it much easier to make a purchase when they feel as though they're contributing to something or helping to support people that they like. Being open about the human side of your business is a great way to encourage brand loyalty.

In terms of ads, it sounds like your ads are getting engagement, but something is happening after customers click through. Which page are you sending customers to from the ads? Are they going directly to a product page where they can purchase right away? Or are they being sent to a home page? I recommend choosing a product that you believe will sell well and directing your ads straight to it. You can try this with a few different ones and see which yield the best results. We have a great article on A/B testing you can read here that talks about one way of doing research like this!

I also wanted to ask what kind of audience you're currently targeting? As you offer free shipping to US customers, are you focusing on marketing to US based customers? Do you look for ways to engage with your audience in person as well? Starting with a few local customers or in-person sales could help to start a buzz on social media around your brand, as well as some user generated content you could share on your own accounts.

Let me know what you think, and I can help out with some more ideas!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes