I have had a store for around 2 months now and have had around 20 Sales.
Over those two months i have had almost 3000 visitors which i think is pretty good?
I have spent quite a bit on advertising but i never make a profit.
Say i spend $275 on advertising, I may only have 4 sales that net me maybe $40.
I keep going farther and farther into debt to try and get this up and running the way i would like it to.
I cant figure out why i am not getting more sales. Many customers add product to the cart but never checkout.
Here is what i have going on for advertising:
Abandoned cart emails
Automatic Discounts when you subscribe to my newsletter
I recently installed Kit. I use this for Dynamic Re-targeting Facebook ads/ facebook carousel ads
I was using a google smart shopping campaign but i was just spending alot of money without results.
I just cant figure out why i am not getting more sales.
Is anyone willing to look at my page and give me some feedback?
So had a look, and see that you have a nice clean minimalist design, good layout. Just some comments to help hopefully;
1) Niche Selection: You are in a very competitive fashion/athleisure/watches niche, I would focus on a hot niche item, like leggings only and do it well. Design is key, and sort by category for themes (e.g. workout, seasonal, color, material, outdoor/indoor etc).
2) Dropshipping from China to the US is not generally easy anymore. Long shipping for some items, and shoppers want 1 week max. Try to find local (US?) suppliers in a small shop in your area if you don't already have some (focus only on local items first for best customer shipping/service). Go local and write an About Us page to appeal to locals for example. Then expand later.
3) Need social proof, sales pops with add to carts and customer reviews. This is hard when starting, but get friends to buy, use supplier reviews etc. at first. do a free contest giveway etc.
4) Be Accessible: Add 1 800 # and online chat to interact with customers and find out what they are looking for.
5) Install a search box app to see what people are searching for, so you know what shoppers are are looking for.
6) Lose the Spin to Win thing, and just offer a coupon for signing up to your email/offer list.
7) Your descriptions need to be longer with more persuasive/benefit oriented fund/engaging ad copy, bullet points are not a enough.
8) Add more photos and videos if possible. Sizing charts and material closeups etc
9) Google Smart Shopping will definitely waste too much $ if you don't know your targeting well, and this is not a good way to start. Focus on a single custom campaign with a single product and keyword (e.g. leggings) and use negative keywords and priority settings. I can help with this if you want to share your adwords add account (view only) via ID. I spend loads on Google Shopping, and have it pretty dialed for my products.
I can offer you a free unlimited account for my Gravy Sales & Marketing app if you like to help with Sales Pops for add to carts and Reviews.
Hope this helps. :)
Hey there, @Aspire1!
Thanks for reaching out today. I'd be happy to offer up some feedback on your store. But before that, I'd like to say congratulations on your recent sales. 20 sales in 2 months is a great starting point. Hopefully, you are able to grow from this success as we approach the new year.
There are two things that stuck out to me on your store that could be improved upon to make your customers experience more enjoyable. Your navigation and the spin to win widget you have.
As far as your navigation goes, I would recommend breaking down your products into specific categories. For example, you can break down your "Tops" and "Bottoms" collection by being more specific. Such as "Jeans", "Trousers", "Leggings", etc. This will cut down the time your customer needs to find exactly what they are looking for. If your customer is specifically looking for Jeans but has to spend a minute or two sifting through a general collection that shows products that aren't relevant to them, it will hurt your conversions. Organization is key!
Next up is your spin-to-win widget text color. It is hard to read due to the purple text sitting overtop an image that does not allow the text to stand out. I would suggest changing the image that has a white backdrop or change the text color to white to make this more distinguishable. I've taken a screenshot HERE to illustrate what I am referring to.
As far as Facebook marketing and creating successful advertising campaigns go, that is a skill that needs to be learned. It's very easy to set up an ad on Facebook, but there is a lot of moving parts when it comes to creating ones that are successful. Especially since Facebook is a very popular advertising platform, it means there is a lot of competition there. We have a guide HERE that is a terrific starting point for Facebook Ad beginners.
Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
One more thought or two... Generally you will break even or lose $ on marketing initially until you develop some social proof on your website. 20 sales is actually a really good start though for a start (0.6% conversion rate), and you will double or more your conversion rates with sales purchase popups and reviews. You are in a very competitive fashion/athleisure/watches niche, I would focus on hot item, like leggings only and do it well. Think of seasonal promotions, bundle 2 for 1, couponing for a limited time to create urgency.
Google Smart Shopping will definitely waste too much $ (Google Ads reps love to sell that to new advertisers), it is not a good way to start. Focus on a single custom campaign with a single product (e.g. leggings) and use negative keywords and priority settings. I can help with this if you want.. I spend $5K per month on Google ads, and target via multiple keyword focussed campaigns with negative keywords and some other tricks.
Hope that helps!
Store Optimization is the biggest step towards acquiring sales. As, if the store doesn't look cool, visitors are not attracted which ultimately leads to site abandonment. So, kindly follow the below-mentioned steps to improve your site and make it look even better.
Hope your store soon receives ample of sales and conversions.