Feedback on my store

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hey everyone!
New here to the Shopify community and I have learned so much. My store was started about 3 weeks ago so I know it's quite new. So far off the store I've only made 3 sales, but I have been getting around 100 visitors daily consistently.
What would you guys do to improve the overall store quality?
Currently I am running Facebook ads as well but my campaign will end on about a week.

All critiques and suggestions welcome!

www.jayteedesigns.com

Cheers

J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 14

What a gorgeous product!

My initial thought was that your store wasa t-shirt business because of the name, so it didn't make sense off the bat. But I'm sure you'll have a better explanation in your google results.

The homepage banner isn't 'catchy'...I like to see actual product I'm buying in homepage banners as stock images just seem to scream,  'I'm a stay at home business trying to make money' to me....and you might get support from some people this way, but online shoppers have seen it all, and they like to buy into the experience. I like to feel like I am buying  a 'branded' product and not just something that someone on Etsy can make for me. I'm not saying someone else can make what you do....but you need more credibility. Something fun with some 'pop' to it.

I have an awesome designer in.....actually i don't know where she is (Romania maybe?!) who does our banners and she's awesome, and ok priced....but she'll do what she needs to for your budget until you're happy. I see your bears as 'bouncing' on cool colorful podiums and pastel backgrounds etc....I don't know...I just see this. 

Remove the time on your popups here: https://we.tl/t-PRPGcFPVYG as it shows that you don't make many sales. Shoppers are used to seeing 'this customer bought xxxx 4 mins ago etc).... ours doesn't have a timestamp...it simply says: Someone from "xxxxxx, Australia recently purchased......". 

I would also not have black backgrounds. KMart have awesome props you can use.Maybe something more pretty like this? (these are called flatlay images if you wanted to do something like it): shutterstock.com/image-photo/springtime-flat-lay-on-pink-female-1632724729

You're target market is guys buying for their GF/s etc and mums buying for daughters maybe? I don;t know for sure....but either way, guys will be attracted to 'pink' because they feel they're getting something feminine that they're gf will like, and Mums will also love pink (not generalising....just look at Pandora, Peter Alexander, Victorias Secret etc....don't shoot the messenger!).

And finally, I would make the images all the same size on the collection page....not some larger or smaller etc. https://we.tl/t-zchTQxqiEw

I personally would make it fun and colorful, like a 'pop' feel with oversize teddys walking through mini cities....you'll find a decent artist on 99designs who can do this....and you'll pay about $500 once but keep them on forever and pay only about $100 per banner afterwards....

Your individual collection pages have a banner but your 'all' collection page doesn't...I don't like banners on collection pages...only homeopages...but that might just be me. It alot of work to maintain when banners get old, so I don't use them except on homepage.

Hope this helps....I love your bears!

Good luck!

PS: I'm wondering how the teddies would look if you make two of the flowers a different color for eyes too? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @jayteedesigns,

Please go through this Blog as it may give you an idea of improving things in a systematic way.

Blog Link: http://bit.ly/2GPJ8Ie

Thanks

Shopify Expert
Email: sarthakagarwal@cedcommerce.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1504 93 331

Hey Jaytee Designs,

Footer needs some modification. All footer links need to be arranged vertically for better placement and orientation. The correct order for the arrangement of the footer links vertically is as follows: Terms of Service, Privacy policy, Return policy, Contact us. Other essential changes to be made for giving the store a fresh and more professional look are as follows:

1. The search landing page is disabled.
  2. Newsletter needs to be added to the footer for instant updates on discounts, promotions etc.
  3. The footer links should be placed to the left, while the newsletter to the right for a well-organized footer view.
  4. "About Us" section is a must in the footer and main menu for better site familiarity.
  5. For better site identification, Favicon is a must.
  6. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram for better customer connectivity.
  7. More images should be added to the product description of each product for better understanding.
  8. Seperate "Sale" section should be created for all discounted items.
  9. Reviews need to be added below each product for better customer choice.
  10. Instagram images are needed for brand awareness and promotion.
  11. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  12. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store receive a lot more conversions very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1033 50 154

Hey @jayteedesigns ,

Ads will help you to get more and more visitors but for making sales you need to engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store, add pop-up. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes