Feedback on my store

I am looking for feedback on my store. I am trying to figure out how to improve my store and make it more attractive to potential customers. Currently I have women's clothes and accessories, but I may change that as I am interested in getting actual sales and may change the products that I have in the store. 

Here is the link to my store. 

https://robert-ds-store.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

There's barely anything in your store at the moment - did you spend even 10 minutes working on it? Before you change the niche "because women clothes don't generate sales" think of it from a customer's perspective... then come back and ask the question again. 

Hi @rdonovan1 

At the moment I wouldn't drop ship from china. Try US based apps or print on demand. Here is a video I did on app for drop shipping from US. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify/drop-commerce-shopify-app-review

Honestly at the moment your store needs lots of work. Happy to send you video review below going over areas to improve. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/pages/website-review

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes

I have spent a lot of time on the store. Last year I hired a woman from Fiverr that was supposed to help me with my store. She created a theme that was geared toward women, but that theme had some problems. The Shopify Technical Support Department looked at it and said that there were problems with that them. They had me change it. It is now at Debut. I have been trying to find ways of improving the product titles and descriptions for the products that I do have in the store that I got from Oberlo, but that is easier said than done. I've also been looking at coming up with better domain names for the store, but so far haven't been able to come up with any good one's that aren't already taken. When I signed up with Shopify, my plan was to start out with women's clothing and accessories as women are supposed to make up the largest market share in the world. So far I haven't had much luck with that and think that maybe I should have other products in the store. I've also been looking at using a different supplier other than Oberlo. The problem with Oberlo is that it takes a long time for the customer to receive their products and that is not good business. If I can find U.S. Based suppliers, then that would help out greatly as people generally want their product within a short time frame. Before this Corona Virus thing started, I was looking at potentially making the store more generic and offering other products like menswear and even electronic items. With the Corona Virus thing, I am seeing a lot of demand for medical related things. I'm looking at it from the perspective of what is in demand and what is most likely going to make me money. The problem with women's wear and stuff like that is that I am not a woman and do not know much about women's wear and accessories. I've tried to get women that I've met online to help me with the business, but so far I haven't had any luck doing that at all. I reached out to this forum as I believe that the people here on this forum are going to know and understand Shopify better than most people and I'd like to believe that the people in this forum are the best people to turn to for help with my Shopify store outside of the Shopify Technical Support Department. 

0 Likes

Hi @rdonovan1 ,

As you are uncertain about the product, I would suggest, study the market first, it becomes easier for you to identify the target customers and then draft an effective marketing strategy which may help position your business among the target audience.

So many products are available in the market, finding one that sells the best has become very difficult job, especially when there is endless competition.

You should choose the products which have high demands in the market. After that, focus on identifying your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) without a strong USP, you'll be spending money but see little sales.

Remember, the key to success is always keeping up with the current trends, no matter the amount of experience you have. Actively read blogs on trends and different niche, look for inspirations on social media and don’t stop expanding your knowledge.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2455 142 443

Hey @rdonovan1, here are the suggestions you need to work on:-

1. Your store doesn't seem to be easy to navigate. Add a header menu which includes categories, about us page, contact us page. In categories option make it like it should have a scroll down menu when a customer clicks on the category menu. 

2. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4

-Testimonials

-Newsletter sign up box

Some marketing tools that you should add to your store in order to maximize the conversions and capture the traffic are:-

1. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

2. Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

3. Add a Livechatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers.

To implement these features on your Shopify store to increase conversions you can install AiTrillion.com. It is an all in one Shopify app and is a fully integrated app. You can check it out.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @rdonovan1 !

Here are some of my suggestions to improve your store :

• Improve Homepage flow : The full order should be : Hero image - Sale Banner - About us ( optional) - Category - Featured Product - Social proof
  • Hero image / Slider is the part is the part that gets the most attention of homepage and i think you aren't take advantage of it. Creating some sale campaign / product and create a banner / slider with CTA, to notify customer will be one of the most effective way to increase your conversion rate
  • Redesign your logo to make it look more signature
  • Add some sale period / countdown timer to your product to increase FOMO effect
  • Invest more content to create About us / Blog / Contact us ... It will help you a lot to improve conversion rate
  • Personally, i think you should add more product/ category to your site to increase diversity
  • Overall, your site still look quite simple and need more work to do. You can find some inspiration to design your site here 

Hope you find my advices helpful. Best of luck to your business !

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes