https://orchidandoatfashion.com/ My store has only been up for a day and is still a work in progress. I have a few things I need to fix, but does anyone have any suggestions about what I can improve on? I'm going to add more products, and I'm going to add onto my About me page among other things.
Hey Orchid And Oat Fashion,
"I think its a good start".But, you need to grow more by improving your store and utilizing its potential to the fullest. Look into the below-mentioned tips for the same:
Wish the store achieves the zenith of success.
Hi @jessica0827 ,
I just had a look at your website. Good work! Below are some of my thoughts:
Sticky Header: To give a better navigation experience to the user you can create sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. Also, reduce the header height, it should be less.
Homepage: Homepage flow could be better and organized. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add sections on the homepage such as ‘Best selling products, ‘New arrivals’, ‘offers & discount banners’ etc. to engage users. Also, add a favicon on the store.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Use Videos To Engage Your Audience: It's worth to add brand video, or short clip on the features of the product to engage the visitor.
Product page: Provide a detailed product description. Also, add size chart. You can insert product images into a carousel.
Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision.
Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating.
Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.
Social Media: Integrating more social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages for your business helps to reach more customers. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users.
I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Congratulation for your store.
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Customize your header and footer with specific functionalities. Your header should offer a smart toggle search bar where people can type in the products they’re looking for as well as go for sticky header.
Also, create a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator.
Home Page --
A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers.
Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions.
Collection Page --
Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.
Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc.
Product Page --
Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button.
I’d suggest you to try our all-in-one app, Cart2Sale that also includes the Sticky Cart feature where your customers can easily see the total number of items in their cart right on the product page. This improves user experience as they don’t have to go back and forth from the product to the cart page and vice versa.
Cart Page --
Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more.
This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store.
Integrations on your store --
How do you plan to monitor your site performance and track conversions?
Simply set up and integrate Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion tracking and Google Search Console with your store and get to know who is visiting your store, their demographics, which of your Facebook page viewer converts into your buyer and your store’s ranking, impressions & clicks on Google.
Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:
Hey @jessica0827, you have a great collection. Here is the feedback about your store:-
1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this.
-Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4
-Newsletter sign up box
- Instagram feed
2. Change the font style on the banner image.
Some marketing tools that you should add which will help you to increase the conversions in your store are:-
1. Start using a loyalty program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.
This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
2. Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
3. Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.
4. Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
To implement these marketing tools in your Shopify store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app. I am sure you will find it useful.
I've taken a look at your store. Nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. Your store logo is not looking good. You can create a symbolic image for the logo or reduce the logo text.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add a detailed product description in product pages.
4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
6. In the header menu, either make all menu items capital letter or first letter in each word as capital letter. Example: Womens jewelery as Women's Jewelery or WOMEN'S JEWELERY.
7. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
8. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
9. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
10. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add footer links vertically instead of adding them horizontally.
11. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 1 results indexed by Google. But your website has 39+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!