Feedback on my store

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi

i would like to receive some tips and feedback for my store, may be u know how to improve it's usability and that people will like it

briefcasedeals.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi, since you are selling handmade bags I would like to know more about the person who is behind the store. Next to that, I think the product images could be of higher quality. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
178 26 109

Hi @Atronil! You have a great production collection going. I have a few suggestions:

1. You need a logo! Also, rethink your branding here. You're Briefcase Deals, but your products aren't deals. They are premium, high-end leather products. Just something for you to consider. 
  2. Be sure your social media links open in a new tab.
  3. Link your email address in your contact page as well as in your About Us page, Shipping Policy, Refund Policy, Terms and Service and Privacy Policy. 

Homepage
I would focus on one image rather than four and add in a call to action button. Also, I would play around with different themes. Use heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit) to get a better feel of how people use your site.

Other things you may want to consider:

• Move your search, login and sign up by the cart. Most people expect it to be on the upper right-hand corner. Test it with your audience - see what heatmaps show you.
  • Move your main navigation from the side to the top. Do some testing to evaluate which works better. 
  • Add a live chat to your site. Live chat lets you answer customer questions while they are still on your site rather than having to go to their inbox. That can make a huge difference when it comes to whether someone converts or not. Considering you have higher end products, I would suggest offering more white glove service. 
  • Put your Free Shipping in a banner at the top of the page as well as on the product pages.

Navigation/product pages

Offer an All Products collection as well as each collection. If people want to see everything you offer, they won’t have to click between collections. 

On the product pages, I’m looking at this briefcase in particular. A few things stand out to me:

1. Take better shots of the product itself, including ones that feature it with a model. It helps people see the size in relation to someone’s body.
  2. Don’t forget about showing the inside of the product as well as what it can fit. What size of laptop can it hold? 
  3. In your description, I would test different wording. I probably wouldn’t suggest mentioning “substantial amount” or “spending this much” as a way to sell it. Go into more detail also of the value of being vegetable-tanned or how long it takes someone to make this product by hand. Basically, let the amazing quality come out as well as the functionality. 
  4. Consider offering a 3D rendering or video of the products as well. Again, these are high quality items here. Show off that detail and fine workmanship. 
  5. For material, don’t forget about the pocket material. Are the pockets also leather, or are they a fabric? 
  6. Take out the “Shipping calculated at checkout” message. Reiterate free worldwide shipping. 
  7. Run a poll to ask what payment methods they would be interested in using, including split payments. It may be helpful to know how many of your buyers are interested in that option or other payment options you don’t currently offer. 

In the end, I would highly suggest using visitor behavior to help you drive your updates and find out what’s stopping them from completing a sale. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

thanks for your tip i will add to this section some words

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes