Feedback on my store!

Solved
JopHabraken
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi,

I just launched my new store and I am looking for all the feedback I can find! 

Literally, everything is appreciated. I love constructive feedback.

My site: https://www.dotsncommas.com/

I look forward to it.

0 Likes
rsdimitrov
Shopify Partner
87 8 25

This is an accepted solution.

What's in it for me if I buy a piece?
I mean, I can extrapolate from what I'm seeing, but it isn't very obvious from your header and header image what are you selling exactly. Is it the sofa or the prints?

Your homepage slider AND the text below talks way too much about your brand, you, your product... just count the number of the "our", "we" or "Dots' n' commas" mentions.

That's why I started with "what's in it for me?". For me as a person, as a visitor to your website. What is the pain that I'm hoping to numb or to get rid of?

What is the benefit that I'm hoping to get?

Tell me that with big bold letters first thing on your site, so that I know I am in the right place. Then you'll have my attention.

Right now you have my confusion and uncertainty, hoping to understand what you do and why should I care.

Yes, I got it—you sell canvas prints. Becomes obvious mid-way down the page. (Way too late).

Most people won't scroll down that far.

Still, how are your canvas prints AND the images there better than other canvas prints?

Notice how am I referring to your products—just canvas prints.

But you shouldn't be selling that. You shouldn't be selling the sofa, either :D

Sell the inspiration, clarity, direction, forward moving driving energy...

How can you sell me that?

Well, you can start with

"Feeling unproductive in these trying times?"
"Stuck with your business?"
"Are you in a rut?"
"Do you believe you can grow your business even in these trying times?"

You may need to sell me on the concept of the art first. To imbue it with story and meaning. Then I may pay you for the canvas so that I have it as a token that is going to remind me of the inspirational story you told me.

Understand who are you serving first.

What are their bigger emotional/mental problems?

Think of your art as a crutch or helping hand in battling these.

Then get my attention by punching me in the face, piercing through the bullshit I usually read online and hit me right into the emotions I can't verbalize myself. Then I'm yours. I'll pay attention to your story. And if it is good it may help me. And I may share it with others. And I may like it so much that I'd like to pay you for your art as a sign of appreciation.

That's my feedback. And advice.

Yes, other Shopify partners will chime in and say:

• "put reviews and testimonials, social proof drives sales"
  • "you need to engage the visitor, use this discount app"
  • "write an about page, you don't have one"
  • "run more facebook ads"
  • "make the store look more professional"
  • "keep working at it, Shopify is a skill and requires patience"

But I ask... "What for?"

All of that hypothetical advice is useless unless you've dialed in, honed in, zeroed in on the people who are your target audience and hopefully, your future potential customers.

Knowing what do they need, want and buy is key here.

You can't make people buy with silly gimmicks like spinners or social proof or pop-ups. You need to tap into their existing desires and show them how your product not only reflects their worldview, but helps them stay on track with it, helps them solve an issue they are having on the way.

Only after you've found what moves your target audience may the silly gimmicks help you get 5-10-15% improvement. 

And yes, your art can do and be that.

It is just not presented in that way.

I help family-run Shopify stores increase sales from existing traffic Learn More
Problem Solved? ✅ Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? Let me solve it for you: rumen@rumendimitrov.com
Did my answer save you time? Buy me a coffee, please ☕ :) paypal.me/rsdimitrov

Hi @JopHabraken,

Victor's here, I've spent a few minutes on your store & been hopeful that I can give you some recommendations which could help to improve the overall conversion rate of your store.

image.png

The navigation is the very first thing that I notice. Since it has verbs, it could cause confusion to visitors. They could misunderstand these 3 sections so that should be fixed immediately.

image.png

The testimonials section here can be more inspiring if you include real images of your products in the context of the buyers'.

image.png

Since free shipping is a bargain for consumers, you should keep it in a limited period. For example Free shipping from 22/03 to 01/04. It will likely increase the chance that people decide to buy your products faster.

image.png

I found that the page on mobile is more delayed than the average score. I encourage you to check out the issues that are defined in Google Pagespeed Insight for more detailed information. Additionally, you should reach the theme provider for an assistant with this kind of obstacle.

I hope my recommendations will be helpful to you. I wish you many more sales in the future, please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns. Best regards!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
JopHabraken
Tourist
9 0 2

Wow, this is the best feedback I have EVER received. Thank you so much. 

I'll be going back to the drawing board immediately! 

Is there any way I can contact you after I have implemented your advice?

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. This is of real value. You really give before you get.

@JopHabraken 

:D Thank you for your nice reaction. You can send me a direct message here.

By the way, can you like and mark it as a solution?

- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
0 Likes
JopHabraken
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Victor, 

Thank you so much! I will implement the free shipping bar tip you gave when I start advertising!

And about the navigation bar, would you suggest that I just remove the 3 product titles and just keep 'home' and 'shop'?

And wow, the loading speed doesn't seem too good. I think it is because of the images, I will get on that!

Thank you so much!

0 Likes

@JopHabraken 

I think you accepted the wrong solution. 

About the navigation bar, there's no need to remove the items if they are important enough, you only need to rephrase them to deliver the message better.

0 Likes