Feedback on my store!

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi all just after some feedback on my store! It has been up and running for a number of weeks now! Average between 15-25 sessions per weekday and 35-50 a day on the weekend. So I do have people visit the site! However. At this stage I haven’t made a single sale through my website! Any feedback or advice would be great as I am very new to the world of ecommerce.

www.fieldgear.com.au

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @fieldgear , welcome to Shopify family

I checked your website and it looks pretty clean! I would like to share a few feedbacks and tips:

1. Instagram link is broken: I was not able to see your instagram page as it showed "The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed." Please check this.

2. Invite customers to be part of your community. Also having a blog, getting out articles and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.

3. I suggest you try adding some kind of 
stickers/badges to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc.  Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple. With labels/badges, you'll be able to tap into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency to boost sales.

Try out this and let me know if you want any further help, I'm always happy to help.

Fayaz

PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
220 39 141

Hi @fieldgear

First of all, congrats on your store! It’s exciting to see some traffic to it, and now we just need to get them to convert. Let’s do this!

Homepage
Right off the bat, I don’t know what you sell. When I land on your site, I see your rotating hero images of brands, but I’m not sure what you’re selling. I wouldn’t use that as your hero images. People aren’t going to visit your site just for Pelican or Aero products. They’re coming for headlamps or first aid kids.

I would instead test a static hero image that’s more product-focused or problem-focused and add a call to action button. 

Moving down, I would move this Field Gear intro into an About Us page rather than on prime real estate on the homepage. Instead, I would feature the collections - Cases & Bags, Lighting, Electronics, etc. 

Also, move your testimonials up higher! Those are like gold for visitors. They want to know what customers thought.

Overall, use a heatmap to see where people are clicking and how far they scroll on your homepage. I would be interested to see if they’re scrolling much or jumping straight to your main navigation.  

Navigation/Product pages
I like your collections, though it’s missing an All Product way to see everything. Again, use a heatmap to see which collections are getting more clicks than others. Where are people interested in clicking? That can help you refine your collections as you go. 

You can also evaluate your drop-downs to see if the images are helpful or not.

We have to talk about your collection pages though. I’ve looked at head torches and satellite trackers. Both have so much text before you get to see the products. Use heatmaps to see if people scroll or just click out. If you watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, you can see how people use it.

It’s not that this information isn’t good, it’s just not necessarily needed at this point. It’s more focused on the brand than the products. Test out just removing the text and brand logo and displaying just the products instead. 

On the product pages, I like that you start with the problems someone may have - heat lamps that turn out with gloves or wet/oily/dirty hands. Again, I would use heatmaps to see if there are certain bullets that get more clicks or taps than others, which will help you re-organize your bullets.

In general, I like that your product pages are so easy to understand. This may be a good place to link to learn more about Pelican brand with a page dedicated just to Pelican products.

The only things I would really change here is to add information about shipping costs. People don’t like surprises in checkout, and shipping is a concern and add reviews. Let people leave reviews on your products. I know you have no sales right now, but just add an invitation in your purchase confirmation emails. 

Contact/Communication
On your contact page, I like that you have icons. However, the icons aren’t linked! Your email address isn’t linked either. Also, take out the phone number field in your form. That’s a field that scares away visitors.

You have live chat, which is fantastic! If you have an auto invite capability, go for it. This is the time to trigger invites to customers rather than be a passive customer support option. Auto invites let you set certain criteria that will trigger a chat invitation when a visitor meets it, like maybe doesn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart. It’s more engaging than just an icon.

I really do think you have the start of a great website. It’s a more niche product line which may complicate the buying process, so use visitor behavior to really understand the conversion barriers. Consider adding in guides to buying to help beginners figure out what they need, and run a poll asking what a visitor’s top needs in field gear.

Again, it all comes down to visitors and what they experience/want. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi @LuckyDanny, cheers for the advice. I have made some good changes today! If you have spare time. Take another look and let me know what you think! 

www.fieldgear.com.au

I have done everything but add shipping prices on product pages. i haven't figured that out yet! I also haven't got the heat map yet! Im going to get the heat map tomorrow! 

Cheers for all the help so far! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

hey @Fayzmo

fixed the insta and fb link! Im going to add the banners on key products tomorrow! I will try and sort out the blog posts! 

cheers for the advice 

Hayden Field 

Field Gear 

0 Likes