Please give your honest feedback. I have the store for about 6 months now. I spent more than 4000$ redesigning and advertising. I never made a penny from it. I have almost no traffic whatsoever. Now i'm at the end. I don't even have 29$ for Shopify. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot
Solved! Go to the solution
I'm so sorry to hear that. $4,000 is a lot of money, but I'm sure you'll get it back some day! And if that's the goal you want to reach, I'll try my best to give you my feedback.
- Your website looks good. Whether or not you like it, the money you spent on designing it returned good results. It looks professional and very modern, very similar in style to other fashion websites.
- There's only one thing I might add. Products like these offer more of an experience than the actual physical value, like "make your life easier and certainly more fun" like you wrote, you might want to tell a story about the brand. Fashion products are generally chosen based on brands, and less on quality factors like materials or processes. An "About us" page with your mission, vision and product statements positioned at the top would go a long way.
2. Social proof
- Like I mentioned, branding plays an important role here. People need to know that your brand is to be trusted and your products are to be relied on. There's many ways you could obtain social proof, maybe try a few apps on the Shopify App Store like Loox for example.
- THere's no sense of created urgency on your site. You could offer limited sales (50% off for a day for example) or create pop-ups that display products that are on sales, etc.
- This is the important part. No matter how good the website, products or marketing can be, if the checkout process is bad, people will leave their carts behind.
- There are 2 things to look for, shipping & payment. I suggest you list out all the payment options like Visa, Paypal, Mastercard, etc. at the bottom of the site to that customers know what to expect. As for shipping, you could add Store Pickup to your site, giving customers the option to pick up the products at the store themselves. This is actually very useful for fashion products since if the products are in the wrong size, they could exchange it right at the store.
- I got this checklist that could help you decide if you need Store Pickup. Check it out!
Hey Legging Strove,
Follow the below-listed pointers to improve your store look:
I wish you all the luck.
hey, I did take a look at your store and I feel you have nailed it on the UI part, I feel your money has not been wasted at all, I feel the UI looks very clean and well put together. it's very much well thought out. the colors are simple and on point. I'm from a graphics background and I can give you some advice on the visual appeal of your page.
1. I suggest moving the logo to the left, it gives it a more clean look,
2. add all the types of products in a drop-down, so that when you expand your range it wouldn't look clusters up on top of the page
3. Add sales and offers as a carousel and banners with CTA in the page so that its easily visible and accessible
4. Add product labels to increase sales in the site, ill leave a link below to help you out with that, do check it out.
This is an accepted solution.
I'm sorry to hear about your expenses, I thought your website is absolutely brilliant it definitely shows how much much you have spent designing it and it looks very professional. I don't think the design is your fall off, but you should think on how to get more audience now that you already have an awesome page.
Here's some input which might help:
1. Product audit, measure where you currently are, measure what's working and what is not.
2. Competitive audit, look for competitions and mimic their best practices.
3. Know your audience. Find out how you can make these people not only browse but also buy.
4.Create contents which will help you get more audience. Blogs/video
5.Create a marketing plan.
6.Analyze how you are getting traffic, Google analytics is free.
7.Measure your results qualitative/quantitative
8.Test and polish. Implement changes.
I hope this helps, If it did I'd like to hear about it.
Mukuul Customer Support Superhero
This is an accepted solution.
Hello @Simo4 ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.