Feedback on my store

Highlighted
New Member
4 0 0

Hi Guys, 

 

I am looking for some feedback on my (dutch) kids store: www.olivi.nl

I am just getting started and curious to learn from your feedback. 

 

I would appreciate getting some feedback to further improve my store and make some sales :-) 

 

Thank you!

 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Olivi_cg,

I would have to say, the store is pretty well set up. I think you have covered the basics well! 
A few feedbacks which you can take. Nothing major, just a few minor ones 

1. Try to use a different favicon. The current one is not very legible
2. Do try out a different color for your GDPR cookie notification bar. It overlaps with your footer and a user can miss that
3. Try adding some pictures or videos to your About Us page to make it more appealing
4. You can maybe think about including a chat widget on your website. It's always good to allow users to reach you in the easier way possible!
5. If you cater to non-dutch audience too then it'll be good to have your page translated to english also

You can also check out the app I recently launched. You can use labels such as trending, bestseller, sale, new, etc on your product images using this app. Labels would help you highlight your products using social proofing, trust & urgency, and let your customers choose quicker. Do share your feedback if you try it!

App Link: https://bit.ly/36ly69H

Cheers, and wish you all the best :)

Vignesh
ModeMagic



If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 27 100

Hello @Olivi_cg,

 

I've taken a look at your store. Nice store! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

 

1. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. A FAQ would be useful!

6. Use the same font for the whole website. 

7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

8. Once we click the BUY NOW button, the label of the button is getting changed to BUY NOWBUY NOWBUY NOW.

9. In Shop Now page https://www.olivi.nl/collections, increase the font of collection names a little bit more and also make the letter case consistent(either upper case or camel-case). Same with other pages like Collections https://www.olivi.nl/collections/accessoires, make the letter case consistent so that it will look better. 

10. Add more specific product URL in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product URL can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product URL unique and more specific.

11. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

 

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

 

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
95 5 21

Hi @Olivi_cg ,

I can see that you are having information about shipping,returns and refunds which is all very important to increase trust among shoppers.

 

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

 

1. You can add customer testimonials to increase trust among shoppers.

2. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

 

I hope above points helps :)

 

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
4 0 0

@Vignesh96 wrote:

Hey @Olivi_cg,

I would have to say, the store is pretty well set up. I think you have covered the basics well! 
A few feedbacks which you can take. Nothing major, just a few minor ones 

1. Try to use a different favicon. The current one is not very legible
2. Do try out a different color for your GDPR cookie notification bar. It overlaps with your footer and a user can miss that
3. Try adding some pictures or videos to your About Us page to make it more appealing
4. You can maybe think about including a chat widget on your website. It's always good to allow users to reach you in the easier way possible!
5. If you cater to non-dutch audience too then it'll be good to have your page translated to english also

You can also check out the app I recently launched. You can use labels such as trending, bestseller, sale, new, etc on your product images using this app. Labels would help you highlight your products using social proofing, trust & urgency, and let your customers choose quicker. Do share your feedback if you try it!

App Link: https://bit.ly/36ly69H

Cheers, and wish you all the best :)

Vignesh
ModeMagic




Dear Vignesh,

 

Thank you very much for your reaction and your helpfull thoughts. I will definitely improve my website by the tips you gave me.

I'll check the app as well.

 

Cheers, 

Claudia 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
4 0 0

@MansionEcom wrote:

Hello @Olivi_cg,

 

I've taken a look at your store. Nice store! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

 

1. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

5. A FAQ would be useful!

6. Use the same font for the whole website. 

7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

8. Once we click the BUY NOW button, the label of the button is getting changed to BUY NOWBUY NOWBUY NOW.

9. In Shop Now page https://www.olivi.nl/collections, increase the font of collection names a little bit more and also make the letter case consistent(either upper case or camel-case). Same with other pages like Collections https://www.olivi.nl/collections/accessoires, make the letter case consistent so that it will look better. 

10. Add more specific product URL in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product URL can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product URL unique and more specific.

11. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

 

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

 

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena


Dear Jeena,

 

Thank you so much for your reaction. The FAQ is in progress - hope to include it this weekend.

Thank you for all the other tips you gave me. I will work on it to further improve my online store :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
4 0 0

@HelpfulBeing wrote:

Hi @Olivi_cg ,

I can see that you are having information about shipping,returns and refunds which is all very important to increase trust among shoppers.

 

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

 

1. You can add customer testimonials to increase trust among shoppers.

2. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

 

I hope above points helps :)

 

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers


Dear Yusuf,

 

The points you mention definitely help! I will incorporate them in my website to futher improve.

Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate it :-)

 

Cheers

0 Likes